You are not logged in.

Announcement

Welcome to the one and only Spiceislander Talkshop.

#1 Jun 17, 2020 11:06 pm

Expat
Active

So Slicee, you on that flight?

Friday a bunch o you contaminated buggers from the States, and maybe some from Canada comin to harazzz we health service. You on that?

We have an update on events etc at the link... slow to start, and audio issues at one point, but lots of answers, and perspective.

https://www.facebook.com/watch/live/?v= … _permalink

#2 Jun 18, 2020 9:23 am

Slice
Active

Re: So Slicee, you on that flight?

So here is what ah just do not understand. If you are negative, why you still have to quarantine?  Allyu do not want foreigners.  One thing ah know for sure, if allyu doh allow us and tourism,  allyu economy dead.

I understand allyu fraid, ah get that, but ah just think allyu going about it the wrong way.  Ah test negative and ah still must quarantine?  Now that is not one test, but probably about three.  I live alone, why cant allyu let me in me house and self quarantine?  Put ah bracelet on me if you want, but leave me in peace.

I read in Now Grenada, allyu even now showing disrespect for the tourism.

No worries when ah come to Grenada, ah go tief you dog and go hunting.  Leh me see how you go like dat.

#3 Jun 18, 2020 10:56 am

New Historian
Active

My daughter is now on a repatriation flight: cape Town - Addis - Dublin - Chicago - Washington!! More than 24 hours and doh even ask how much!!!

#4 Jun 18, 2020 10:59 am

Slice
Active

Ah could just imagine.  Saw something that Grenadians, now returning I think it is the flight that is landing on the 19th must pay more to land.  Must pay for the COVID test and also like Expat was saying for food and board.  Crazy.

#5 Jun 18, 2020 3:21 pm

New Historian
Active

Fox sake! As my daughter is on the Ethiopia Airlines flight to Chicago, cost almost three grand, I get a notification from Emirates: they have the same flight next week - price $1,200!! Ah well...

#6 Jun 18, 2020 5:09 pm

Expat
Active

So, Slice if you watched the video I linked you would have obtained.... not gotten.... that is an Americanism,  obtained ALL the relavent information, such as if you get tested within 7 days of leaving the USA, and have the results.... aparently hard to get in such a sophisticated country.....then you can come, relax for just a few days, get retested, and if your arse is clear they go let you quarantine at home.  Whats yer problem with that?

If you cant get tested, then we test you and you stay at OUR leisure for 14 days or until you test negative a couple of times.

Honestly even this testing is shaky as I am pretty certain certain authorities say it is only 50% accurate... which is the flip of a coin.

PS. The dog go bark, the gun go bark, you go bawl. No tiefin of dog.

Board footer