You are not logged in.

Announcement

Welcome to the one and only Spiceislander Talkshop.

#1 Jun 25, 2020 12:35 am

Expat
Active

Are we just making a mountain out of a mole hill?

There are 7.8 BILLION people in the World.

Currently there are 43,165 Deaths, maybe that will go up to 200,000. Ok India's involved so maybe 300,000.

Many of those could have been avoided if lessons about treatment were learned quicker. Instead of shouting foul at China who had it regulated quickly, and even with the resurgence is keeping it down, many of those deaths could have been avoided if Governments had acted quicker, having seen how it spread in China in the first place. Many of those could have been avoided if the public were not a thick as 2 short planks.

There are several BILLION more people in the World than in 1918 when the Spanish flue killed probably more than this one is going to do. Despite being a really nasty Virus.

So actually the percentage of deaths is actually quite small, especially in countries that were more intelligent with their protocols, like New  Zealand for example.

We have only had around 5% infection at the moment, which means while we keep the curve down, there is 95% potential infections to follow, especially as this Vaulted Vaccine they are desperate to make billions out of will probably not work, and like many of the other vaccines not be a one off, as the immunity wanes, and also is not passing the natural immunity on to the next generation thereby losing the natural heard immunity to many illnesses that we had. Obviously this is a NEW illness, but the efficacy will parallel other vaccines.

#2 Jun 25, 2020 8:20 am

Slice
Active

Re: Are we just making a mountain out of a mole hill?

Here is the horrible thing, this will be with us for awhile.  Maybe when Biden get elected there will be something in place to curve this spread.  Europe doh want visits from Americans, Grenada worst.  This will have ah drastic effect on the Caribbean for sometime.  When America sneeze's the world catch the flu.

Someone said this morning on tv, if Trump put things in place right now, by October, America will be free of this virus, and his chances of winning could be much better.

#3 Jun 25, 2020 10:29 pm

Expat
Active

Who ever said that was an arsehole. Trump aint NEVER going to put anything sensible in place, and even if he could, or actually wanted to, as commander RD said he cannot tell the individual States what to do.

America currently is suffering from being up its own arsehole with respect to freedoms. While I can understand caution at letting governments mandate stay at homes, or curfews with the ramifications of erosion of civil liberties as decreed by the bill of rights. Common sense .... something in very short supply in America currently needs to come into play.

To actually say, as has been said.... I would rather die from Covid than give up my right to free movement/not wear a mask.

Although I also except wearing a mask does negatively affect your immune system, but it does limit your exposure to the virus, and keeping your arse at home stops it spreading, and you giving it to friends and family.

Why is America currently and for a long time been the worst region for Covid?  Not because they have a special virulent variant of the virus, but because they have an exceptionally stupid President supported by suck uppers who are far more interested in their re-election at all costs than human life, and a particularly large number of stupid citizens.

To assuage RD's ire at criticising America... how dare I.... the latest reports of summer weather and beach over use in the UK indicates Britons can be dumb arsed stupid sons of B's too. But although sluggish and ineffective, our government is at least TRYING to control the thing, as evidenced up until this weekend by falling case numbers.

#4 Jun 25, 2020 10:43 pm

Real Distwalker
Active

Opera-Snapshot-2020-06-25-214154-www-statista-com.png

#5 Jun 25, 2020 11:19 pm

Expat
Active

Nice one, good rebuttal, but as you know from you mole hill in the middle of Iowa the population spread in Europe in general is vastly different to the USA, and just as you bounced cases per million with reference to little Grenada weeks ago, America quickly made up lost ground. The death rate in the UK in particular is pretty unbelievable in terms of how bad it is. But if you didn't cherry pick your data and used New York instead of America, which is probably shares an equivalence with the UK in cross section of city and country populations, I think the table would look vastly different.

If you do the same thing for infections though...... While there have been periods where per million the UK was even ahead of the USA... bearing in mind it is a much smaller population, so actual cases were much much less. currently the UK is at around 5 to 10 cases per million, and a falling average, while USofA is in the 100 to 250 per million bracket, and heading for the stratosphere.

Source, our World in Data.

Last edited by Expat (Jun 25, 2020 11:22 pm)

#6 Jun 26, 2020 12:05 am

houston
Active

Wow, is this the Covid Olympics?
You UK and US guys are in quite a competition.

#7 Jun 26, 2020 9:39 am

Vanni
Active

Expat wrote:

There are 7.8 BILLION people in the World.

Currently there are 43,165 Deaths, maybe that will go up to 200,000. Ok India's involved so maybe 300,000.

We have only had around 5% infection at the moment, which means while we keep the curve down, there is 95% potential infections to follow, especially as this Vaulted Vaccine they are desperate to make billions out of will probably not work, and like many of the other vaccines not be a one off, as the immunity wanes, and also is not passing the natural immunity on to the next generation thereby losing the natural heard immunity to many illnesses that we had. Obviously this is a NEW illness, but the efficacy will parallel other vaccines.

Sharing your sentiments Expat.

There is a massive confusion about this virus. First, apparently, the test is not reliable, and so the numbers of deaths reported - whether under, or overreported.

Then, there seem to be some ulterior motives.

The numbers for other seasonal flu epidemics are not being shared with us as abundantly, or at all, as for this one: is there any chance that the death toll attributed to them is at least equal if not worse? So why not such measures as for the covid?

Also, no daily an hour long and more equivalent to "covid update" to "keep us informed". Not to speak of social distancing and other measures, which, at first sight, may appear as a good idea, but is our protection really the intention behind it? Has it done more harm than good?

Last but not least, a RNA vaccine? Is there any "chance" that it be triggering chain modifications in our DNA? Not to mention the drastic measures coming together with it.

Too many speculations, to which I do not have a definitive answer.

What I am seeing coming, is that so many people won't have been affected personally by severe covid illness or deaths in their families, but finding themselves in some severe financial and other consequences due to the disruption of their lives via isolation, might be harshly questioning the whole thing. Not least with some serious upheavals all around the globe.

More and more people end up reading what the alternative media (-> caution: all media to be read with utter discernment!) warned us about since the beginning of this "pandemic", including that the covid has been engineered. And so the measures.

But then: everything serves a higher purpose, even the least appealing actions. And is being "allowed" only for as long as it serves.

God's, Life's, the Universe's ultimate power - any other concept with which you are comfortable - is one of alchemy to transform a curse into a blessing. This alchemy is each our own power as humans. And I know that we'll be transforming this challenge too into something much better than what it presently allows us to hope for.

Last edited by Vanni (Jun 26, 2020 9:41 am)

#8 Jun 26, 2020 1:43 pm

Expat
Active

Eh Eh, long time no hear. Glad to see you are still with us.

#9 Jun 26, 2020 1:48 pm

Expat
Active

houston wrote:

Wow, is this the Covid Olympics?
You UK and US guys are in quite a competition.

The UK would have beaten the US for death rate if only it had the population, but as with all things Mr Trump touches he will be the best you have ever seen, so they are going to stay top of the infection rate charts until Brazil or India knocks them off their pedestal.

#10 Jun 27, 2020 8:24 am

Vanni
Active

Thank you Expat and hello everyone! I haven't forgotten you smile

With the current world events, the intentional stirring up of emotions together with the alarming loss of common sense and inner guidance, I am preferring, as far as I am able to do so, cause I'm also a human being with emotions and not constantly connected to inner guidance, to be in witness mode - thank you zazen meditation, yoga and qigong.

Much is not what it appears to be, or what some want us to believe. But how to discern?

Whether what is happening in our humanity - from genuine crises to engineered ones meant to divert people's attention and drag them down - whether mainstream media or alternative media, its biases at best, its intentional distortions at worst - none are doing service to truth, nor to our enlightenment, awareness and uplifting.

Honesty and transparency will be doing so.

Until then, I'll humbly, and rather silently, make my way through the jungle thanks to staying the best I can connected to my inner guidance. Caring the best I can for everyone on this planet in transformation.

Last edited by Vanni (Jun 27, 2020 8:26 am)

Board footer