You are not logged in.

Announcement

Welcome to the one and only Spiceislander Talkshop.

#11 Jun 28, 2020 5:31 pm

Real Distwalker
Active

Re: New Zealand is proving Quarantining works Mr Slice

Expat wrote:

The actions of the poor administrations and irresponsible people who according to RD should not be held accountable for their brothers death, or disability are the ones ensuring this thing drags out.

I said no such thing.  I said that government can only do so much.  People aren't slaves.  They will do what they will do.

#12 Jun 28, 2020 8:08 pm

Expat
Active

houston wrote:

At the end of the day, the people will decide what they want to do.
The bumbling governments, authorities and irresponsible media have gotten this wrong, right from the get go.

I definitely do not want to be where your people rule supreme, we are seeing the intelligence of the people with the rapidly escalating infection rates. Brainless, inconsiderate, selfish, thoughtless, stupid, are all handles that can be hung on "the people".

The second line is 100% correct.

#13 Jun 28, 2020 8:22 pm

Real Distwalker
Active

Expat wrote:

I definitely do not want to be where your people rule supreme, we are seeing the intelligence of the people with the rapidly escalating infection rates. Brainless, inconsiderate, selfish, thoughtless, stupid, are all handles that can be hung on "the people".

Yep.  It is the worst system in the world.  Well, except all the other systems.

#14 Jun 28, 2020 10:36 pm

Expat
Active

Despite an over indulgence in caution, at least we only had a grand total of 23 cases to date, and no deaths. Had the other smart people done similar things WE as in the small island people wouldn't have to continue wearing masks and keeping things locked down so that you can come and visit us and feel safe knowing the only ones at risk are us.

Yep your system really rocks, hell you are DOWN to 42.5k new cases yesterday. Well done. That's a hell of an achievement. If only we could all do as well as that.

Last edited by Expat (Jun 28, 2020 10:40 pm)

#15 Jun 29, 2020 8:12 am

Real Distwalker
Active

I am disappointed that there are so many cases.  Unlike you, I don't delude myself that there is an easy solution.

#16 Jun 29, 2020 8:13 am

Slice
Active

Expat wrote:
Slice wrote:

So on the 25th ah got ah call  saying ah need to quarantine. Apparently when ah took me car to the shop on the 13th, the person who worked on me car came down with covid on the 20th.

Well leh me tell you, it was mighty scary.  Ah call me doctor immediately wanting ah test, but she said I do not meet the qualification for ah test.

Anyway time pass and ah good.

I think my point is, yes it is very scary, but folks must survive, one can't  stay locked up for ever and ever Amen.

I take protective measures and do what  ah have to do.  I probably wash me hand about 20 times ah day, and always wear mask.

You name the number but not the month If it's last month time has passed, if it's this month it hasn't.

You maybe lucky on 2 levels. Maybe you had it, and didn't get any symptoms, and maybe you now have some antibodies.

No one, or at least me is saying this had to have gone on for ever. The actions of the poor administrations and irresponsible people who according to RD should not be held accountable for their brothers death, or disability are the ones ensuring this thing drags out.

We have a long long way to go to be as bad as the 1918 pandemic. Despite their medicine causing the pneumonia as a side effect that killed many many people, they did at least figure out wearing masks was not such a bad idea. Rather like they have figured out using forced air ventilation has killed thousands of people this time round.

It was all this month.  I did however make ah mistake, I should of disinfected my vehicle, before getting into it.  That is what scares me the most, forgetting to do something.  Forgetting to wash my hands after ah touch anything from the outside.

#17 Jun 29, 2020 9:10 am

Expat
Active

Slice wrote:
Expat wrote:
Slice wrote:

So on the 25th ah got ah call  saying ah need to quarantine. Apparently when ah took me car to the shop on the 13th, the person who worked on me car came down with covid on the 20th.

Well leh me tell you, it was mighty scary.  Ah call me doctor immediately wanting ah test, but she said I do not meet the qualification for ah test.

Anyway time pass and ah good.

I think my point is, yes it is very scary, but folks must survive, one can't  stay locked up for ever and ever Amen.

I take protective measures and do what  ah have to do.  I probably wash me hand about 20 times ah day, and always wear mask.

You name the number but not the month If it's last month time has passed, if it's this month it hasn't.

You maybe lucky on 2 levels. Maybe you had it, and didn't get any symptoms, and maybe you now have some antibodies.

No one, or at least me is saying this had to have gone on for ever. The actions of the poor administrations and irresponsible people who according to RD should not be held accountable for their brothers death, or disability are the ones ensuring this thing drags out.

We have a long long way to go to be as bad as the 1918 pandemic. Despite their medicine causing the pneumonia as a side effect that killed many many people, they did at least figure out wearing masks was not such a bad idea. Rather like they have figured out using forced air ventilation has killed thousands of people this time round.

It was all this month.  I did however make ah mistake, I should of disinfected my vehicle, before getting into it.  That is what scares me the most, forgetting to do something.  Forgetting to wash my hands after ah touch anything from the outside.

So, now you see why our lot have been excessive with their caution. If we had been unlucky it would have gone into the community, and probably run riot here too. But each of the original cases ended up only being in the household.

So at least you now have antibodies.

Board footer