You are not logged in.

Announcement

Welcome to the one and only Spiceislander Talkshop.

#1 Jul 04, 2020 10:51 am

Slice
Active

AH WONDER, HOW CAR DEALERS ARE ALLOWED TO GET AWAY WITH THIS MADNESS

You trade in your old car to buy ah new one, if you still owe on that trade in, it automatically goes over to your new load.  If the New car  cost $20.000 and you owe $10.000 on the ole one, your load is now $30.000.  They now sell that old car for more than $10.000.  They now make ah profit of over twenty grand.

This is the most unfair thing in all America.  I just can not figure out, why they do it, and how they are allowed to get away with it.  I just get figure how that is fair and also lawful.

Somebody, anybody, please explain the logic, behind that teft?

No, if I am not getting a new car.  Just in case you are wondering.

#2 Jul 04, 2020 12:15 pm

Expat
Active

Re: AH WONDER, HOW CAR DEALERS ARE ALLOWED TO GET AWAY WITH THIS MADNESS

You trade in a car, the dealer gives you book price, and that's it. You have made your deal. They now as any business will do sell it at book price, and make a tidy profit.

If you wanted to minimise the difference in price you place adverts, get lot's of viewers to look over your car and give you grief because it isn't quite the car they thought it was going to be.

It takes 3 months to sell the car, all the while it is depreciating, and you are getting pissed off with the phone ringing. Aslo you have abridging loan until you can get the cash for the car, and have two cars on your lot until the old one goes.

Or you take a hit at the dealers. Your choice.... simples.

#3 Jul 04, 2020 12:38 pm

Slice
Active

But that should not my choice.  I trade in the car.  I now give you the car so you can sell it and make ah profit, and I should not have to pay on that car I sold to you.  This car is no longer mine it is now yours, but ah still have to pay for it?  Ah just doh get it.  Something smells real rotten here.

#4 Jul 04, 2020 1:47 pm

Real Distwalker
Active

Say I have a Volkswagen Jetta that you want to buy for $5,000.  That's the Bluebook value.  You and I make a deal.  You agree to the price and buy it.

Now let's say I still owe the bank $7,000.  Are you saying that you should have to pay me an additional $2,000 because I was dumb enough to get upside down on a loan?  How is it your fault that I ended up with $7,000 in debt?  How does buying my car make you responsible for my debt?

#5 Jul 05, 2020 9:30 am

Slice
Active

I see this is ah argument ah won't win, so ah leaving right dey.

#6 Jul 05, 2020 9:50 am

Expat
Active

Slice wrote:

But that should not my choice.  I trade in the car.  I now give you the car so you can sell it and make ah profit, and I should not have to pay on that car I sold to you.  This car is no longer mine it is now yours, but ah still have to pay for it?  Ah just doh get it.  Something smells real rotten here.

The car is not yours, but the debt is.

Board footer