You are not logged in.

Announcement

Welcome to the Spiceislander Talkshop. We have a new look and new features. Have a look around. The site remains Grenadian owned and hosted in the United States.

#1 Nov 14, 2016 10:47 pm

Webmaster
Administrator

Changing the look of the forum

If you click on "profile" at the top of the page, then click on "Display" on the left sidebar, you will be given a choice of styles from which to choose.  When you select one, it will always be your custom style when you log into Talkshop.

All of the styles are pretty basic right now but we expect to add some spicy styles later.

#2 Nov 15, 2016 12:16 pm

Vanni

Re: Changing the look of the forum

Awesome! Including the font changes according to style. Nice smile

Please don't bring the thumbsupthumbsdownthingie though hmm

#3 Nov 15, 2016 12:34 pm

Slice

Vanni wrote:

Awesome! Including the font changes according to style. Nice smile

Please don't bring the thumbsupthumbsdownthingie though hmm

This is a  real KEWL Feature.  TOO HELL WITH THE OLE TALKSHOP.

#4 Nov 16, 2016 8:04 pm

Vanni

Slice wrote:

One thing I am missing in all new posting systems wherever on the net is the clear visual succession of posts, like the one of the previous system here, but otherwise I love the new features and appreciate the efforts put into this new version.

As for the tumbs up / thumbs down:

I despise such a feature. In my opinion it's but a nuisance. And I'm not just speaking of the thumbs down, but also the thumbs up. Makes me feel like the games of the arena in the old Roman empire. It's cheap. It may be enough for me to avoid posting at all. It says nothing about the actual quality of someone's views. It says, however, about the quality -or lack thereof - of the ones systematically going for either thumbs up or thumbs down without justifying their opinion, thumbing just to bother, or just to support at any rate.

If someone agrees or disagrees, may he be constructive and have the clusters to show his name and express and justify his views.

#5 Nov 17, 2016 7:58 am

Slice

Vanni wrote:
Slice wrote:

One thing I am missing in all new posting systems wherever on the net is the clear visual succession of posts, like the one of the previous system here, but otherwise I love the new features and appreciate the efforts put into this new version.

As for the tumbs up / thumbs down:

I despise such a feature. In my opinion it's but a nuisance. And I'm not just speaking of the thumbs down, but also the thumbs up. Makes me feel like the games of the arena in the old Roman empire. It's cheap. It may be enough for me to avoid posting at all. It says nothing about the actual quality of someone's views. It says, however, about the quality -or lack thereof - of the ones systematically going for either thumbs up or thumbs down without justifying their opinion, thumbing just to bother, or just to support at any rate.

If someone agrees or disagrees, may he be constructive and have the clusters to show his name and express and justify his views.

I  think by bringing Talkshop to the 21 century, the designers spared no detail and included all that is available.  I think, we all are afraid of changes, but changes are good sometimes.  I begged for a New version of talkshop a few months ago, and now it is here.

#6 Nov 19, 2016 9:14 pm

Vanni

Afraid of changes? Some changes are vital and an improvement. Spiceislandertalkshop has made these improvements.

Discrimination allows us to understand that some changes are not an improvement. And I am delighted to see that Spiceislandertalkshop has not depreciated itself.

#7 Nov 21, 2016 8:38 am

The Frenchman

The new format with its added features, requires some getting used too but it's ok.

It lacks the "eye friendliness" and simplicity of the conversational flow contained in the old format but that is offset by the gains of the added features. In particular, I like the attempt to segregate the topics but as that is left to the discipline of the poster, be prepared for some contamination in that area.

Overall, it is a good move and would stand up to time just as the old format did.

Good work.

The Monsieur from the French Quarters

#8 Nov 21, 2016 9:02 am

Bamseeboy

Well for now, it got your approval, and for that we are happy.  BTW what took you so long?

Board footer