You are not logged in.

Announcement

Welcome to the one and only Spiceislander Talkshop. Please register and announce yourself in the New Members Forum. You will be upgraded to full use of the forum when it is established you are not a spammer.

#1 Jul 21, 2020 12:12 pm

Slice
Active

THE DOG DAYS OF SUMMER. HEAT INDEX 105.

Here is something ah just do not understand 96 degrees in Baltimore, humidity 38%. it is 88 in Grenada humidity 43%.  Yet if you walk outside up here it feels like there is no air.  Folks in my area are not even going shopping.  The streets are like ah ghost town.  Why ah cant tolerate the heat up here? (well ah can, but it feels so different), but it is never too much for me in Grenada.

Me neighbors ask me if ah crazy, ah hardly use AC, but lately ah must turn on me AC.  Leh me stop complaining about the heat; because, in ah few months it gonna  cold as ice. leh me have fun with the heat.

Last edited by Slice (Jul 21, 2020 12:12 pm)

#2 Jul 21, 2020 1:13 pm

houston
Active

Re: THE DOG DAYS OF SUMMER. HEAT INDEX 105.

I know what you mean, can't stand the heat up here.
Might have something to do with the smog index and the thick, stale air. Grenada always has a nice breeze of fresh sea air.
Have to say, I'd rather deal with -30°c than +30°c.
Spring, Fall and those +22° breezy days are just perfect. Could take that all year round.

#3 Jul 21, 2020 4:16 pm

Slice
Active

Gee me the heat still.

#4 Jul 21, 2020 4:29 pm

Real Distwalker
Active

I have said that 90 degrees and 90 percent humidity in Iowa seems much worse than the same figures on Guam.  I don't know why. Probably all in the head.  It is expected daily on Guam and extreme in Iowa.

#5 Jul 22, 2020 9:36 am

Expat
Active

And yet  ah hear people sayin  Lordy, it hot hot, I doh know where the heat coming from, and the place dry dry, I tout it was supposed to be rainy season.

A couple of showers over night, and a quick deluge this morning. At least I don't have to drag the hose round the plantation this morning. No escape this afternoon I suppose. A depression is on its way, but it doesn't look too serious to me at the moment.

Board footer