You are not logged in.

Announcement

Welcome to the one and only Spiceislander Talkshop.

#1 Aug 01, 2020 1:24 pm

New Historian
Active

Here I am baby, come and take me!

Thanks for the love guys, I've been busy doing everything - and nothing! Last week Friday I had my 'final-final retirement', for reals this time lol! I'm only now back with laptop and in the saddle, for a week I did fukall but read, watch movies and sleep a lot!

In a couple months we'll be moving back home and I can't wait, Bim ain't my favourite place in the world! By 31 December 2020, MY BOOK WILL BE PUBLISHED. As the Bangles would sing: one way or the other. So watch out Expat, more repeated turgid tales, coming up!!!

Oh and great news: my eldest daughter Tanisa in MoBay just announced that she's getting hitched! To her long-term boyfriend whom we all know and like, so we all happs. Three down, two to go lol!!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-AeRMrZCPGk

#2 Aug 01, 2020 3:24 pm

houston
Active

Re: Here I am baby, come and take me!

Congratulations on your well deserved retirement.
Can't think of anyone that would know how to enjoy the golden years better than you.

#3 Aug 01, 2020 5:00 pm

Real Distwalker
Active

I hate it when any of you regulars go missing. It stresses me out.  Glad you have returned, prodigal son.  And congratulations on all that good news!  It seems rare in this year of pandemic, economic peril and murder hornets. smile

#4 Aug 01, 2020 7:59 pm

Expat
Active

Doh stress man, u is in the land of old grumpies now, we have T shirts and everything, its all happening in the twilight years.

I did tell yah I was prepared to listen to endless repeats while crewing your dingy over to the dodgy dock..... Shame the Brewery aint next to the water. Oh well. Maybe the Coast guard wouldn't miss one of their big outboards, we could upgrade the dingy and power up and down the windwards.

Last edited by Expat (Aug 01, 2020 8:01 pm)

#5 Aug 02, 2020 12:37 pm

Slice
Active

Me ent saying ah thing, ah staying on the side lines about you gone.  NH is an interesting figure.  I honestly think Grenada is too small for him, that is why ah keep asking meself, why the love for Grenada?

Two very interesting figures Expat and NH, almost neighbors in Grenada.

NH would you get involved in Politics in Grenada?  Cant wait on that book.

Last edited by Slice (Aug 02, 2020 12:37 pm)

#6 Aug 02, 2020 1:48 pm

New Historian
Active

Grenada is a great place to grow up, and to grow old, but in the middle you NEED to escape lol! The reason I love it so is I'm growing up - all over again! All my life I "suffered" from travel overload, when I moved to Grenada in 08 I didn't want to see a plane, and in fact didn't get on one for almost 3 years - unheard of lol! And now with the world madness I think I need another bout of Grenada-immersion. Sometimes it's good to be from a forgotten corner of the world!

Old-Carenage.png

#7 Aug 02, 2020 2:55 pm

Real Distwalker
Active

New Historian wrote:

Sometimes it's good to be from a forgotten corner of the world!

I feel like that.  In my rural township of about 4,000 in Iowa there have been...

21 reported cases
19 recoveries
no hospitalizations
no deaths

That could change in a heartbeat but, for now, it doesn't seem too scary.  In any case, it is easy as pie to socially isolate.

#8 Aug 02, 2020 3:01 pm

New Historian
Active

Iowa DEFINES social isolation lol!! I seriously think this thing can be a blessing in disguise; time for the world to just chill for a while, sit the f*ck down, stop running helter-skelter all over the place, reassess, reflect - and when it's all finally over, in YEARS to come, we can press the reset button. Rethink the economy, tourism, work life, travel - everything. Half the shit we do, we don't need to do. We need to slow down, and breathe.

#9 Aug 02, 2020 3:09 pm

Real Distwalker
Active

That's a great attitude.  I mean that.

My problem is that I am hyper-vigilant. I am constantly on the watch for threats.  If there is a problem, I want to fix it now.  The result is constant stress. I know it isn't good for me to be this way and I really want to adapt your way of thinking about things.  The only way I know how to do that consistently, however, is with four fingers of straight whiskey.  I need to work on that.

#10 Aug 02, 2020 3:15 pm

New Historian
Active

But you don't live in a high stress environment, sounds like you're stressing yourself needlessly. Four fingers helps, so does two ounces.

Board footer