You are not logged in.

Announcement

Welcome to the one and only Spiceislander Talkshop.

#1 Jul 28, 2020 8:08 am

Calypso
Active

DREAMING IN CARRIACOU

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gDz2mmqH38o

When I was in Grenada years ago, I regretted not visiting Carriacou. Now I am dying to spend a summer there.

Last edited by Calypso (Jul 28, 2020 8:09 am)

#2 Jul 28, 2020 4:02 pm

Slice
Active

Re: DREAMING IN CARRIACOU

Welcome to the club.  I am Grenadian and I have never visited.  When and if Grenada they open I will visit.  I am not being fresh or anything like that, actually I am trying to be nice.  If you plan on visiting again,  and ah in the place, maybe we can go together.  Watch she curse me out.  Me you, Expat and NH, go do it together.  That NH, know Grenada, like the back of me hand.

Twice visiting was on me agenda, and twice ah did not make, waiting on folks to get some work done.

#3 Jul 28, 2020 4:17 pm

Calypso
Active

I will be vising again as soon as it is safe and I wouldn't like to see your face.

#4 Jul 28, 2020 5:28 pm

Slice
Active

I would like to see yours. Kaiso, please do not judge me from what you think you know about me on TS.  You might be pleasantly surprise by my character.  Not my looks, but who I am.  i love meeting Talkshoppers.

#5 Jul 28, 2020 5:41 pm

houston
Active

Beautiful place.
Was once there on a day trip excursion. Returned a second time and spent four nights to explore around and then a 3rd. visit of 2 nights to do some diving in the local waters.
Very quiet and peaceful compared to the big Island, though I did run into an awkward situation while waiting for the Osprey in a rum joint at the base of the wharf in Hillsborough during my last trip there.

#6 Aug 01, 2020 1:35 pm

New Historian
Active

I'm supposed to be in Kayacou RIGHT NOW. For the third year running I was gonna be on Danny Donelan's Savvy for the wooden boat regattaThey doing a slimmed-down round the island race tomorrow, and I'M NOT THERE!!!

Later this year I'm plotting a two-week stint up there, to plough through the final-final edit.

#7 Aug 01, 2020 9:37 pm

Calypso
Active

The sailing festival was started by a Jamaican man who moved there and has continued full forced until now. I certainly will be spending a summer there. It is beautiful.

#8 Aug 01, 2020 9:39 pm

New Historian
Active

Calypso wrote:

The sailing festival was started by a Jamaican man who moved there and has continued full forced until now. I certainly will be spending a summer there. It is beautiful.

Jamaican? I think you mean American

#9 Aug 02, 2020 4:06 am

Calypso
Active

No. A Jamaican . I will post the article.

https://www.caribbeancompass.com/cariac.htm

Last edited by Calypso (Aug 02, 2020 4:12 am)

#10 Aug 02, 2020 9:29 am

New Historian
Active

"a Jamaican-born American yachtsman"

Okay, a tie lol! I've been in half a dozen of them, and trust me it is an experience you'll never forget! Wish I was there now

Board footer