You are not logged in.

Announcement

Welcome to the one and only Spiceislander Talkshop. Please register and announce yourself in the New Members Forum. You will be upgraded to full use of the forum when it is established you are not a spammer.

#11 Aug 25, 2020 11:01 am

Expat
Active

Re: What happen?

New Historian wrote:
Real Distwalker wrote:
Expat wrote:

Waiting on the latest outburst after that guy was shot 7 times walking back to his car.

Walking away from cops shouldn't be a death penalty offense.  The shooting is bullshit.

Having said that, for the love of God, if a cop has drawn his sidearm and is aiming at you and demanding you stop, please, please, please stop.  These fukkers are killers.

Indeed, I thought the same thing. But no reason to do what the police did. One shot won't do? You have to riddle the guy? Sick.

Absolutely complete and utter over reaction, and crazy to keep pulling the trigger. Like you didn't go down after five, ok 2 more for you.

But as was said, why the hell would you be so arrogant as to walk away in the first place. Especially as the guy wasn't the centre of the event, or rather he was, he was innocently trying to break up a cat fight.

I kinda get why the cop opened up, as he was starting to get into the car, and maybe, just maybe HE might pull out a gun.... but why would he?

I know Calypso is instantly going to say, you are trying to blame the victim, but as has happened in so many cases.... not excusing the cops, but the victim has often contributed to the chain of events.

I think these guys get hyped up, and ready for action, and being officious sons o beatches they get all puffed up and angry, and while some might say it was only because he was black, and it might have contributed, but quite often negative events happen to whites as well, but they are far less likely to hit the media.

It seems many times the police arrive and they are so busy being in control they just don't listen. People screaming at them, it wasn't him, it was that guy, and still they grab the guy they have decided is the person at fault. There semi military training which seems to be starting to be universal where they go into shout mode which is going to make everyone nervous is the wrong way to go.

#12 Aug 25, 2020 1:33 pm

Slice
Active

It is Politics, and ah looking every minute ah get, well sometimes.  Test Cricket had my attention today.  Match draw.

#13 Aug 26, 2020 11:06 pm

Expat
Active

A perspective from an X British cop... He brings some angles to it that I certainly did not know about.

>>I am a former officer in the UK so take anything I say with a pinch of salt.

What no one can ever tell you is what is in another persons mind. That applies to the Police as well as Blake.

We also don’t know what went on before the video but there are a good few officers there (I don’t think they are all white) which suggests some trouble.

From what I have seen there was an outstanding warrant for Blake and as has been mentioned it was for a sexual act and domestic. It would appear there may be a good few previous domestic problems and other offences involving him and he may be known to Police.

There are two video’s. One shows Police fighting with him on the ground after he was initially arrested. There is a witness who says he heard the Police telling him to drop the knife several times. In a close up I saw of his hand there was a knife which probably explains why the police did not later try to physically detain him.

There is mention of a taser being fired but it did little or nothing.

The Police are following him and telling him to stop. He ignores them even though they have guns out.

The next bit is unknown but he is getting in the car with 3 children in the back and possibly has a knife in his hand. We don’t know what was in the car, if he was going to drive off or anything else. We also don’t know what the officer saw. We don’t know anything about the children or Blakes mental state.

There were no body cams on the Police. They were not due until 2022 but there is mikes.

Like everything. We can look at the evidence as we know it and although many will try to say it was wrong or it was justified we just don’t know. That is why we have a jury and it should be them who decide.<<

There are two still in that post, one of which seems to show what might be a knife in his left hand as he walks around the front of the car. 7 shots is still pretty extreme.

#14 Aug 26, 2020 11:40 pm

houston
Active

"7 shots is still pretty extreme"...in the back?
Where the hell do they find these criminal cops in the U.S?
Do they collect them from the exit door of the county jails?
Like WTF, do they not have any training in public policing at all?

#15 Aug 27, 2020 11:25 am

Slice
Active

Ok thses folks that killed were no saints with the exception of Brenanah and the kid.  But ah just see, seven bullets fired and four striking him at close range.  Mind you the family was portraying him, as ah saint which is far from truth.

Honestly what I do not get with the Spotlight on Police brutality and also Black men getting killed, the COP is that a racist, that he would gun him down like that? How in Gods name folks could be that DOTISH?  Again always always follow COPs instructions; unless you are looking to commit suicide by COP.

It is so very difficult to see so much DOTISH folks in this world.

Having said that, it is time to stop the marches.  They are now playing directly into Trump hands.  They are giving Trump Talking points and it is time, to shut it down.

#16 Aug 30, 2020 8:52 am

Real Distwalker
Active

Kenosha Police Union has made a statement on the shooting that, if accurate, really changes everything.

The statement said that the domestic incident that officers were responding to involved allegations that Blake was trying to steal the caller’s keys and vehicle. The statement says that the vehicle that Blake was entering when he was shot did not belong to him. The statement also added that, contrary to what was initially claimed, Blake was not breaking up any fights between other people.

The statement then outlined in chronological order the series of events that officers claimed happened:

Mr. Blake was not unarmed. He was armed with a knife. The officers did not see the knife initially. The officers first saw him holding the knife while they were on the passenger side of the vehicle. The “main” video circulating on the internet shows Mr. Blake with the knife in his left hand when he rounds the front of the car. The officers issued repeated commands for Mr. Blake to drop the knife. He did not comply.

The officers initially tried to speak with Mr. Blake, but he was uncooperative.

The officers then began issuing verbal commands to Mr. Blake, but he was non-complaint.

The officers next went “hands-on” with Mr. Blake, so as to gain compliance and control.

Mr. Blake actively resisted the officers’ attempt to gain compliance.

The officers then disengaged and drew their tasers, issuing commands to Mr. Blake that he would be tased if he did not comply.
Based on his non-compliance, one officer tased Mr. Blake. The taser did not incapacitate Mr. Blake.

The officers once more went “hands-on” with Mr. Blake; again, trying to gain control of the escalating situation.

Mr. Blake forcefully fought with the officers, including putting one of the officers in a headlock.

A second taser (from a different officer than had deployed the initial taser) was then deployed on Mr. Blake. It did not appear to have any impact on him.

Based on the inability to gain compliance and control after using verbal, physical and less-lethal means, the officers drew their firearms.

Mr. Blake continued to ignore the officers’ commands, even with the threat of lethal force now present.

https://www.dailywire.com/news/kenosha- … iP7EEAj4vU

#17 Aug 30, 2020 9:31 am

Expat
Active

Resisting arrest, fisticuffs, knife in hand as I said there was a clip from the video, but somehow not used on police, wierdly trying to take the car.... which while supposedly not his, had his children inside.

What ever way you paint it regardless of the fracass he was walking away, he did not pose an imminent threat, as the non use of the knife indicates. At what point is it OK to shoot someone 7 times in the back while you are holding onto their vest.

Imminent danger ... shoot. Attacking another officer with a lethal weapon, or in such a way as to cause serious harm.... shoot. Avoiding arrest with back turned, really?

Last edited by Expat (Aug 30, 2020 9:32 am)

#18 Aug 30, 2020 9:42 am

Real Distwalker
Active

Who knows?  I was just tossing it out there.

Board footer