You are not logged in.

Announcement

Welcome to the one and only Spiceislander Talkshop. Please register and announce yourself in the New Members Forum. You will be upgraded to full use of the forum when it is established you are not a spammer.

#1 Sep 04, 2020 12:38 pm

Slice
Active

MAYBE AMERICA IS FINALLY BACK TO NORMAL

Not sure if America will ever be the same, but some kinda nomal is creeping in.

Supermarkets shelves are being stocked.  Meat is in abundance.

Two products I could not get since about April, I finally got them today. Lysol spray and Clorox wipes, but still limited.

Costco had them in stock this morning, but the line was very long.  I just hope folks do not get careless and make this go crazy again.

I should say in my neck of the woods.  Not sure what is happenning in other parts of America.

#2 Sep 04, 2020 1:00 pm

New Historian
Active

Re: MAYBE AMERICA IS FINALLY BACK TO NORMAL

We been back to normal long time. Although we had limits on shop and supermarket opening hours and so on, even little Barbados never had shortages

#3 Sep 04, 2020 2:57 pm

Real Distwalker
Active

Most things are normal here. 

The biggest thing you notice, of course, is masks.   There are no concerts, plays, festivals, carnivals, fairs or shows.  That sucks.  Weddings and funerals are curtailed.  My daughter is getting married on October 10 and her wedding is about 10% of what she planned.  My 15 year old is back in school.  Masks all day in classes.

Otherwise, it is pretty much business as usual here in one of the fastest covid spreading states in the fastest covid spreading country.

Hell, I don't know what to think anymore.

#4 Sep 04, 2020 6:40 pm

Expat
Active

Slice wrote:

Not sure if America will ever be the same, but some kinda nomal is creeping in.

Supermarkets shelves are being stocked.  Meat is in abundance.

Two products I could not get since about April, I finally got them today. Lysol spray and Clorox wipes, but still limited.

Costco had them in stock this morning, but the line was very long.  I just hope folks do not get careless and make this go crazy again.

I should say in my neck of the woods.  Not sure what is happenning in other parts of America.

Might I suggest that you find a way to do without the wipes.

Weather wet wiped intimate wipes or what ever wipes they might be, they are around 95% PLASTIC. They are an unnecessary abomination. Clogging sewage systems, and adding to the trillions of tons ending up in the sea, and guess what, right back in you and me.

Nano plastics are now in humans, never mind fish and crabs.

Board footer