You are not logged in.

Announcement

Welcome to the one and only Spiceislander Talkshop. Please register and announce yourself in the New Members Forum. You will be upgraded to full use of the forum when it is established you are not a spammer.

#1 Sep 08, 2020 6:50 pm

Real Distwalker
Active

See Slice?

The transmission rate in Iowa is down to 1.04 and in Maryland it is 1.14.  In other words, it is now spreading as fast in MD as it was in IA last week.  I told you it moves around.

https://www.msightly.com/covid-19/detai … jectID=258

#2 Sep 12, 2020 9:14 am

Real Distwalker
Active

Re: See Slice?

Iowa is now green.  We are at 0.99.  Meanwhile, Maryland is at 1.15, one the highest in the nation.

Like I said, it moves around.

#3 Sep 17, 2020 9:56 am

Real Distwalker
Active

I am only pointing this out for future reference, but as of today, the re-transmission rate in Iowa is lower than most other states.  It is much lower than Maryland.

Again, the hot spot moves around... a lot.

#4 Sep 17, 2020 12:06 pm

Slice
Active

My state is confusing like hell.  Not getting how we still so damn high.  Everyday is is 800, 700, 500.  I am totally lost here. Maybe our governor open up to quick, ah just doh know.

#5 Sep 17, 2020 12:22 pm

Real Distwalker
Active

Frankly, short of shutting everything down, I don't think there is much that can be done.  It is now spiking in European countries that previously celebrated beating it.  It ebbs and flows and until there is herd immunity, either via transmission or vaccine, it will continue to haunt the world.

#6 Sep 17, 2020 4:19 pm

Expat
Active

My humble opinion is, ride it out, protect the vulnerable, ramp up your VitC, VitD, and Zinc, and go about a fairly normal cautious existence. If we are cautious it won't expand exponentially, although most will probably get it over time, it just takes us back to managing the curve.

Had they not managed the curve in the first place, something I railed against and was poo poo'd at the time, we would not be in the mess we are now. Now it is too late, it is the only option.

We here in La La land are just waiting for the other shoe to drop.

As for the Vaccine... somewhere between 2 years to never, they had been trying to find cures for SARS since the 60's, the disease ran it's course befor they could make it. They have had a head start with this one because protocols were already in place, but the damn things seem to make the immune system over sensitive, so it attacks the host when a real infection comes around. Not me pa pa.

With all the lying and BS that has happened recently you really do have to wonder how much of this has been stage managed . I try to avoid listening to the latest gossip and running with the latest conspiracy theory. But some of this stuff you just couldn't make up as they say.

Last edited by Expat (Sep 17, 2020 4:21 pm)

#7 Sep 17, 2020 4:30 pm

Real Distwalker
Active

I agree 100% with your first point.

As for the vaccine...  We have new technology never before available.

The newest vaccine entrant is a live Covid-19 virus that is genetically modified to reproduce 0.00001 as fast as the virus in the wild. You get it in a nasal spray, become infected and your immune system responds to it with plenty of time to eliminate it before it makes you sick. 

This is the same technique that was used to eradicate smallpox.  The difference is that they had to go look for a naturally slow reproducing smallpox virus in the wild and cultivate it.  This took more than a decade.  By genetically modifying the coronavirus, they can forgo the search in the wild.

Naturally, this will be controversial.

Last edited by Real Distwalker (Sep 17, 2020 8:54 pm)

#8 Sep 17, 2020 8:20 pm

Expat
Active

If it works great, I would consider using a natural receptor much more than plunging virus... dead or otherwise with adjuvents into the muscle, where if it didn't have the addtional elements it would be a localized infection.

We still have the.... will there be an over reaction when the real one comes along, or will it simply beat the real one up question. Not to mention what will be the long term affect. All interesting stuff though.

If one didn't listen to CNN et al, then probably many of us could be using the Hydro, anti biotic and Zinc as a prophelactic, and starving the virus of customers.

#9 Sep 17, 2020 8:58 pm

Real Distwalker
Active

The best way to become immune is to be infected and have your T-cells and B-cells learn how to deal with it. This is how our adaptive immune system has worked for millions of years.  By infecting you with a slowly reproducing virus, you accomplish that memory cell immunity for 100 percent of the virus.  The only thing that the scientists have done is make the virus reproductive cycle slower.

#10 Sep 17, 2020 9:49 pm

Expat
Active

Note, I am holding strain on your puff up the nose. Needle variants are an entirely different ball game.

The needle innoculation theory is almost like the psuedo science 1 part per trillion in a bottle of water brigade. It sounds OK, but it would not work at all if they didn't use adjuvents(sp) the problem is that most of them are things you really do not want in your body for fairly obvious reasons. Mercury, and Aluminium, then there's gelatine which comes from.... Oh no, GMO fed cattle... and the list goes on. Never mind the virus growing medium which has been known to cause retro virus infections, it sure as hell aint as cut and dried as the Fauci's of the World would have us believe.

Different vaccines have different compositions, but generally speaking they aint good for ya, and have only become so plentiful once any liability was taken away from the companies in 1986. Since then if they could make a vaccine for duck foot they would do it.

So we hope your puff will do the trick. In fact if they pull it off, it could open the way for a much safer inoculation program.

Board footer