You are not logged in.

Announcement

Welcome to the one and only Spiceislander Talkshop. Please register and announce yourself in the New Members Forum. You will be upgraded to full use of the forum when it is established you are not a spammer.

#1 Sep 16, 2020 7:19 am

Dancer
Active

In the Caribbean ; Barbados seeks change .

The  Governor General  speaks ::::

Same sex marriage.
Republic
Spiff/Weed relaxation.

Want to   leave the mother country  ? Adrift in the  wide , wide , world.
Some monarchist will have nightmares , at the thought.
Not to mention same/sex unions.

Smh. trama time. lol;.

#2 Sep 16, 2020 8:47 am

New Historian
Active

Re: In the Caribbean ; Barbados seeks change .

The first 2 would require a constitutional referendum, so you can forget them. Caribbean voters have been shown to be very conservative when it comes to these referenda. She may have a vested interest in the same sex unions thing, and they did vote her in knowing full well of her nature, so that one may pass.

Legalize the weed and free the people! The atmosphere in Jamaica is so much more relaxed now, that people know the cops can't lock them up for a spliff.

#3 Sep 17, 2020 7:22 am

Slice
Active

Same sex marriage wont happen in the Caribbean for maybe another 50 years. It will never ever happen in Grenada. It was reported that my neighbor had a sexual encounter with another man.  Things were about to be revealed, me neighbor drove to Grand E Tang lake and killed himself.

I bought my house from this guy, while up here.  As soon as I met him for the first time ah knew he was gay.  Why ah doh get me hood went so nuts after he killed himself.

Jamaicans just hate gays.  It has been a part of Barbados for as long as I can remember.  If it happen in Barbados by now, it ent never going to happen.  Grenada is probably the most conservatives island in the whole wide world.  It never will never ever happen in Grenada.  Put that in you pipe and have ah draw dancer.

So Dancer if your thinking about Taking you Husband in Grenada for you honeymoon forget it.  You will not be welcome.  I saw Gay couple while staying in La Luna, and they had to stay feet apart.  The owner might ah thrown them out.

#4 Sep 17, 2020 8:13 am

New Historian
Active

At La Source it used to have this English guy would come twice a year, a cross-dresser. He said he wasn't gay, just liked wearing woman's clothes, in his high heels, slinky dress and hoop earrings. He never wore padding or anything, and his hairy chest looked strange poking out from above his low-slung blouse! He would arrive at the hotel wearing his women's clothes, but I advised him: if you're going into town, you might want to dress "properly" lol!!

#5 Sep 17, 2020 9:43 am

Dancer
Active

These English guys are so into  dressing up  , lol. Where did you say you were born NH.
Integrity Bill loses :  Senator Toni Moore  says she cannot support the ' the integrity bill' if some aspects  of the legislation are not clarified.

>> she may have a vested interest in the same sex-union thing , and they did vote her in knowing full well of her nature  <<

Ho,ho ho.....
Some claim she tried to slip it in  among the 'integrity bill ' legislation.
lol.

#6 Sep 17, 2020 12:13 pm

Slice
Active

And there there is the Guiiume guy who ran for governor in Florida, he was defeated by Desantos. He was ah rising star in the Democratic party.  He is married with two kids.  Recently he was found drunk, in a hotel room with ah man. His career is totally over.  He is not even on TV no more. Even America still has concerns with Gay folks.

#7 Sep 17, 2020 4:06 pm

Expat
Active

Probably it was the cheating on his wife with a guy, rather than being or inclined to be gay. Lets face it half the presenters on CNN pull the zip up on the wrong side.

#8 Sep 17, 2020 4:55 pm

Real Distwalker
Active

One of my staff on Guam was a biological man dressed as a woman.  I asked the preferred personal pronoun and she said, "her and she" so that is what I used.  I admit I was taken aback when I first met her but she turned out to be one of my better, more reliable employees.  It's no big deal once you just let it go.

#9 Sep 17, 2020 8:11 pm

Expat
Active

Kinda gets confusing when they have a 3 day stubble.... smile

#10 Sep 17, 2020 9:19 pm

Real Distwalker
Active

She wasn't pretty.  But then neither were some of the biological females on staff.

Board footer