You are not logged in.

Announcement

Welcome to the one and only Spiceislander Talkshop. Please register and announce yourself in the New Members Forum. You will be upgraded to full use of the forum when it is established you are not a spammer.

#1 Sep 26, 2020 9:28 pm

Expat
Active

Activist is a dirty word

Maybe it's just me, but when I was an activist trying to get Mandela out of jail it was basically an OK thing, many people didn't actively participate, but apart from the racist pigs most people were happy for someone else to do the dirty work.

Now if you are an activist for Black Rights you have become a thug, or an activist to try and protect the uninformed public of the many ways they are being poisoned, whether by floridation in the water, almost untested vaccines some of which have disasterous reputations, but the general public don't get to hear, so carry on in a blind utopia.

But just about anyone who steps out of the mandated conformity becomes a thing to be ridiculed, silenced, censored.

These are getting to be very sad times.

#2 Sep 27, 2020 7:18 am

Slice
Active

Re: Activist is a dirty word

Expat ah think you right.  So we been discussing this race thing. NH kinda comes to mind. My question is if one of your parents is white and the other is black, what race are you?  The color of your skin should not matter. Me family accuse me of thinking white.  Here is why ah say I am an activist,  I know that is not how you are considered by society, they say, you are automatically black.

To me that is pure and simple Bullshite, why should anyone ignore their  other parent? These two folks made you, and society now wants to intervene and proclaim your race. You race should be none committal.  I will never ever be able to drink that shite. Folks do not understand my way of thinking on that subject, because I am going against society.  I am now called ah activist, for thinking differently.

Last edited by Slice (Sep 27, 2020 11:48 am)

#3 Sep 27, 2020 10:05 am

Real Distwalker
Active

I am an activist.  I have worked with my church to fund and provide for food pantries in my area.  We work to provide groceries for the needy and meals for the homeless.  Nobody looks down on us.  Nobody thinks what we do should be described with a dirty word.

On the other extreme are QAnon activists trying to make the world believe that Tom Cruise and Jimmy Carter are part of a ring of child molesting cannibals who feed on the blood of kidnapped children to stay young and Trump is working to stop them.  All sane people see them as ignorant filth.

Between those two extremes lies the continuum of activism and how well it is accepted.

#4 Sep 27, 2020 4:11 pm

Expat
Active

I don't think too many people would consider running a church fete was activism dude. Exemplory maybe, but not activism. Unless there was a deliberate sub text of converting sinners.

#5 Sep 27, 2020 8:41 pm

Real Distwalker
Active

We are just trying to make the world a better place for people who are struggling.  I thought that's what social activism is.

I concede I may not get the context in which you were using the word.

#6 Sep 28, 2020 7:37 am

Dancer
Active

Slice   my 'white'  Tshopper  , why do I have to speak to you about your identity all de time.
What do you call yourself .... white ?  I saw a picture  of ( someone , you said was  you) posted on here in a suit telling  calypso , here is the boy ,  take me .
' you are not white ' so quit that thinking  ,  just because  there is some  'white blood'  that has all but disappeared in 2-3 generations after the plantation period .
There is no need to keep harping on wishful thinking , not good for one's ego.

' post that photo of you once again  , so we   all can put that activist misunderstanding in its proper perspective.'
Thank you.

Board footer