You are not logged in.

Announcement

Welcome to the one and only Spiceislander Talkshop. Please register and announce yourself in the New Members Forum. You will be upgraded to full use of the forum when it is established you are not a spammer.

#1 Oct 02, 2020 3:08 pm

Dancer
Active

This Is Going To Blow -- - Slice's Mind.

Film Maker  ;;;;;;;;;   Steve McQueen unveils an anthology of racism and resistance.

Steven McQueen " Small Axe" anthology  is an unqualified main event  . While many other film makers were on hold , the ' 12  years a slave 'director  has raced to finish ,  not 1 but 5 new films.

The movies , spanning 1968 - 1985 , are each individual stories  about the West Indian community in London . These are testimonies of resistance , daily racism .
" But these are stories that made my life possible , as an artist , as a British black man "

McQueen , who was born in London to Grenadian parents, said in a London interview.

Canadian Press .

#2 Oct 02, 2020 4:05 pm

New Historian
Active

Re: This Is Going To Blow -- - Slice's Mind.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gQBuNeFlS7c

Oohh, can't wait! I coulda swear I glimpsed a shaggy-headed NH and his bruv in there somewhere!

#3 Oct 02, 2020 7:43 pm

Expat
Active

On Iplayer.... better get yer fake proxy's going.

#4 Oct 02, 2020 9:49 pm

Dancer
Active

" Small Axe "  Hitting close to home   eh  ,  New Historian .
'London  with its 'teddy boys'  ....sad.
No tall tales ?   lol.

... Pay attention to the best seller 'Caste'  on Ophra's book club also  .
Don't be shy.

#5 Oct 03, 2020 6:57 am

Slice
Active

Dancer wrote:

Film Maker  ;;;;;;;;;   Steve McQueen unveils an anthology of racism and resistance.

Steven McQueen " Small Axe" anthology  is an unqualified main event  . While many other film makers were on hold , the ' 12  years a slave 'director  has raced to finish ,  not 1 but 5 new films.

The movies , spanning 1968 - 1985 , are each individual stories  about the West Indian community in London . These are testimonies of resistance , daily racism .
" But these are stories that made my life possible , as an artist , as a British black man "

McQueen , who was born in London to Grenadian parents, said in a London interview.

Canadian Press .

What is gonna blow me mind? Grenadian parentage?  Not news to me.  Maybe to you but not me.  He even came to Grenada to trace his roots.  Kinda ole news.

Board footer