You are not logged in.

Announcement

Welcome to the one and only Spiceislander Talkshop. Please register and announce yourself in the New Members Forum. You will be upgraded to full use of the forum when it is established you are not a spammer.

#1 Oct 03, 2020 2:23 pm

Expat
Active

Jet blue

Landed at 12:38

#2 Oct 04, 2020 10:45 am

Dancer
Active

Re: Jet blue

You mean JET BLUE from NEW YORK ?

You did say Gree was pretty much Covid free ?

Have any odds about that remaining so ?.

#3 Oct 04, 2020 6:32 pm

Expat
Active

I did we had 24 cases total for months, with no actual community spread.

I spoke to a silver sands employee the other day, and their protocol is up to 7 days pcr prior to arrival,  4 days quarantine, and a test, and then out to share the virus with the rest of us. So much for 14 days quarantine.

It's going to be rampant within weeks. too many people that think that if you are going to wear a mask around your chin or under your nose is adequate.

Mind you I have just found out the PCR invented around 20 years ago is not intended for diagnosis, that's the inventor speaking. Also, it works by multiplication, so 20 times multiplication and it'll be a negative, around 30 to 40 times and it unreliably could be positive or negative, as you may know it is recognised to only be around 48% accurate if you ramp it up to 100 multiplication every sample is positive. It was intended for HIV detection originally.

So it is quite easy to massage the figures if you raise or lower the multiplication,

Last edited by Expat (Oct 04, 2020 6:33 pm)

#4 Oct 04, 2020 8:31 pm

Real Distwalker
Active

Expat wrote:

Mind you I have just found out the PCR invented around 20 years ago is not intended for diagnosis, that's the inventor speaking. Also, it works by multiplication, so 20 times multiplication and it'll be a negative, around 30 to 40 times and it unreliably could be positive or negative...

Yep.  That's how it works.

Board footer