You are not logged in.

Announcement

Welcome to the one and only Spiceislander Talkshop. Please register and announce yourself in the New Members Forum. You will be upgraded to full use of the forum when it is established you are not a spammer.

#11 Oct 12, 2020 8:41 am

Expat
Active

Re: So far the Great Barrington Declaration

Real Distwalker wrote:

Why ride in a car?  40,000 people die violent deaths in auto accidents the US each year.

Why eat desert?  Obesity and diabetes kill.

Why live in a city?  Violent crime is much higher than in rural areas.

Why live in Grenada?  You may not be able to get the specialized medical care you need there.

Why have a drink?  Alcohol related deaths kill thousands a year.

I could go on but you get the point.  People take calculated risks in order to squeeze a little bit of joy out of life.  Putting safety first constantly is the way you live a long, healthy, shitty life.

+1

You have more chance of dying walking down the street than dying of covid. There is no need to go into a lift and hug everybody to make sure you get it, but in every day scenarios other than perhaps bunching up in a club or bar the risks are relatively small.

We are being panicked by a constant stream of badly collated statistics. Even in the UK, they reel out the death rate like yesterday was 79 from people who tested positive in the past 28 days.... That does not mean they died of covid. It's like Prostate Cancer. Most men die with it, not of it.

Since they stopped killing people in hospital with ventilators the death rate has dropped dramatically.

Just like the Spanish flue, which originated in America, according a news feed I read a while back, the vast majority of the deaths were caused by the medication which induced pneumonia, so people died with the virus, but because they were killed by the medication.

We need to grow some balls. It's this bloody age of instant news that has allowed this to be the biggest thing since the dinosaurs went extinct.

Wear masks in crowded places, keep your distance and wash your hands. The last two are eminently good ideas. The first stops snot and phlegm, but does not stop the virus from getting out or in, but it looks as if it is doing something. Regrettab;ly when you get in that crowded lift it wont be doing anything. Far better to walk up the stairs.

#12 Oct 12, 2020 11:45 am

Slice
Active

Tell me the alternative? Honestly I do not think there is a choice.  Listen to CDC, or ignore.  You know what my choice is ah listening to Dr Fauci, every minute, that is if you give ah better alternative.

#13 Oct 12, 2020 12:03 pm

Expat
Active

Slice wrote:

Tell me the alternative? Honestly I do not think there is a choice.  Listen to CDC, or ignore.  You know what my choice is ah listening to Dr Fauci, every minute, that is if you give ah better alternative.

You cannot ignore what ever the regulations state you must do... ixed messages though they are.

But to suck up the Fauci sheite which is pumped out by the media is asanine. Just the same as WE can't avoid it neither can you. Except by strict isolation. RD said it way back when I was full of vim and vigour regarding wearing masks, but the simple fact is, abnd there are enough studies out there to prove it. Masks especially medical masks are no bloody use what so ever, except again as RD so elegently  put it to stop snot and phlem being coughed and sneezed all over you.

If you keep your distance, and maintain hygene, thats pretty much as good as it gets. Surgical masks mare not intended for virus restriction, and don't do it. Again there are plenty of studies out there. Put on a full hazmat suit and you might be OK.

#14 Oct 12, 2020 12:38 pm

Real Distwalker
Active

The only way to get the 'rona with a, short 30-60 second encounter is to have snot or phlem coughed or sneezed on you. So, yeah, the masks work in that regard. That's why you wear them on the bus or in a store.

The only way you are going to get the 'rona from breathing the air is to spend about 15 minutes with an infected person someplace with low ventilation.  If you are going to do that, don't bother with the mask.  It won't do anything at all.

Board footer