You are not logged in.

Announcement

Welcome to the one and only Spiceislander Talkshop. Please register and announce yourself in the New Members Forum. You will be upgraded to full use of the forum when it is established you are not a spammer.

#1 Oct 15, 2020 10:35 pm

Expat
Active

The internet can be scary

I have recently been answering a lot of questions on Quora, mostly to do with spinal/structural issues, today I playfully answered what seemed a slightly silly question about a sprained ankle. Turns out it's a kid, who although taken to the doctor who doesn't give a diagnosis but  an x-ray script the kid goes home, where the parents tell her to walk around on it as normal. And by implication don't make a fuss. Although its swollen in front of the ankle bump... there is a proper name. I give her gentle advice on not agravating it, and wish her well.

The next one from the other day was scary.  13 year old kid tells us he deserves pain and keeps choking himself, and his neck hurts....

#2 Oct 16, 2020 11:34 pm

Expat
Active

Re: The internet can be scary

Follow up.

The young lady with the ankle replied one last time to say thanks, and she had had the x-ray, and that a bone was broken, I didn't say this before, but I had said were she my child I would have had the x-ray done. So hopefully she will soon get better instead of agravating a broken bone which might not have fused properly.

#3 Oct 17, 2020 10:33 am

Slice
Active

Wait, so you ah real Bush Doctor in Grenada?  Does folks come to you for Medical stuff?  If so, can I come to one of your lectures?

#4 Oct 17, 2020 4:00 pm

Expat
Active

I think I already slipped at least one into you already... figuratively speaking of course... Not to mention your online course on H-Pylori.

Board footer