You are not logged in.

Announcement

Welcome to the one and only Spiceislander Talkshop. Please register and announce yourself in the New Members Forum. You will be upgraded to full use of the forum when it is established you are not a spammer.

#1 Oct 17, 2020 1:01 pm

Real Distwalker
Active

One week since the wedding...

No reports of illness.  If it was a spreader event that infected several people, we would have heard something by now.

At this point, it will be hard to blame the wedding if, for example, a single guest comes down with it and nobody else does.

I'd say we are just about out of the woods on this thing.  I feel pretty relieved.  In a couple days, I'd say there is no longer a risk.

#2 Oct 17, 2020 3:49 pm

Expat
Active

Re: One week since the wedding...

Hope you are right, but I think it can go out to 14 days?  Asymptomatic.... then who would know...

Always the pessamist   sad

#3 Oct 17, 2020 4:12 pm

Real Distwalker
Active

Up to 14 days, yes.  But everybody there couldn't have been infected on the day of the wedding.  The person who spread it would have had to have been infected earlier.  By now that person or others around that person would be showing symptoms and there is no sign of that.

Sure, it is possible an asymptomatic carrier spread the bug and literally everyone at the event who was infected is taking more than a week to show symptoms.  That is possible although very unlikely.  The odds are, we made it through clean.

You are a pessimist.  It will be Halloween and you will be coming up with scenarios as to how the wedding could still turn out to be a super spreader event. smile

#4 Oct 17, 2020 4:19 pm

Expat
Active

How could anyone ever say I am a pessimist.... Even I didn't I say it,  I said  pessamist.  smile

#5 Oct 18, 2020 11:31 am

Slice
Active

I am beginning to think that maybe just maybe, the virus shows show itself after four days.  Why Grenada and other Caribbean islands only have a 14 days quarantine?  somebody is saying something to these islands.

Here is one that mystifies me,  Nick Sabin the coach of Alabama college football team,  spent three days in quarantine, and was release to coach the team.  They say he tested negative after just three days.  Kinda really do not understand it

#6 Oct 18, 2020 4:16 pm

Expat
Active

3-4 days to display symptoms is about right. Which is why that New York Doctor saw patients around 4 to 5 days in, and tested them, but started the discredited Hydroxy treatment regime staright away... so that if it wasn't needed it was $20.00 wasted, but if the patient returned a positive they were already being treated, and from memory most were fine after around3 to 4 days. But then Hydroxy Zinc and an antibitic don't work..... RIGHT.

There is another treatment similar in the UK where Budesonide a corticosteroid is inhaled, followed by zinc, and an antibiotic if I remember correctly... with 100% success rate.... but hey lets wait for the vaccine that doesn't stop you getting it, doesn't stop you spreading it, and reduces the symptoms just a little but.

Check it out

https://budesonideworks.com/

Expert Physicians Suggested Full TherapeuticProtocol That is Working for Breathing Issues and Respiratory Symptoms.

Ask your doctor if these therapies are right for you.

Budesonide 0.5-1mg/2ml respules
Sig:1 respule q 2 hours PRN severe symptoms
Dispense 2 boxes

Clarithromycin 500mgSig:
1 Tab PO BID with food
Dispense 14. Refills X 1

Zinc 50mg
Sig:1 PO QD
Dispense 30 Refills X 1

For Adults Coated Aspirin 81mgSig:
1 PO QDDispense 90 Refills X 3

Last edited by Expat (Oct 18, 2020 4:27 pm)

#7 Oct 19, 2020 9:02 am

Slice
Active

Doh forget Vitamin D was given to Trump. Sometimes what you see on Whatcrap is true.

#8 Oct 19, 2020 9:16 am

Real Distwalker
Active

I think what saved Trump was antibodies harvested from people who have had it and recovered.  This isn't a treatment generally available to the public.  That, of course, is just a guess.

Last edited by Real Distwalker (Oct 19, 2020 12:05 pm)

#9 Oct 19, 2020 12:02 pm

Expat
Active

All the stuff in that list is available on doctors script, maybe in Grenada you could just walk in and ask for most of it.

A treatment that does minimal damage, but gives extraordinary efficacy seems a better deal than injecting 80% of the population who won't even need it by force with a strong probability that there will be long term side effects.

What ever happened to informed consent?  Oh I forgot. You aint got it.

Board footer