You are not logged in.

Announcement

Welcome to the one and only Spiceislander Talkshop. Please register and announce yourself in the New Members Forum. You will be upgraded to full use of the forum when it is established you are not a spammer.

#1 Oct 17, 2020 7:22 pm

Dancer
Active

IOWA and the Senate seat.

' Just catching up  .......  came across   some  Election   'Viral ' news on   2   Iowa  Candidates .'

Joni  Ernst and IOWA . ..... a couple of days ago.  TV.. Debate.

Debate in a  crucial senate race  - shows Iowa's Joni  Ernst doesn't know beans  ,   about Soy.

>>  Democratic  challenger Theresa Greenfield was asked  about the brake - even price of  Corn   , the Repub Senator Joni Ernst  was asked the same question about Soy Beans.

-- 'she crashed out ' .... not a clue. '

#2 Oct 17, 2020 8:40 pm

Real Distwalker
Active

Re: IOWA and the Senate seat.

She didn't know the price per bushel of soybeans.  About 98% of Iowans couldn't quote the price of soybeans if you put a gun to their head.  Hell, I could only give an estimate since I don't track it daily.  It's not as big a deal as people think.

#3 Oct 17, 2020 9:31 pm

houston
Active

Like any commodity, the price varies from day to day.
Any politician representing an agricultural area should at least have a general idea of the local economics.

https://fmn1.agricharts.com/pages/custom.php?id=12619

#4 Oct 18, 2020 9:17 am

Real Distwalker
Active

Yes, she should know it.  I agree.  My point is that most Iowans won't care that she doesn't.

#5 Oct 18, 2020 11:24 am

Slice
Active

I agree it should not matter, but it could be ah bigger point.  The point is, she shows she is outa touch with Iowans.  I think that is the main take away here.

#6 Oct 18, 2020 11:45 am

Real Distwalker
Active

Yeah, that's what people are saying but, again, 95%+ of Iowans have nothing to do with farming.  They are no more familiar with these commodity prices than anyone else in America.

#7 Oct 18, 2020 4:14 pm

Dancer
Active

' Well I was not completely  ignorant of what Iowa is known for    .....   " CORN " .
I  was sadly mistaken     ..... somewhat '

> The Hawkeye State is the Nation's top PORK and corn producer .

23.6 Million Pigs .  call Iowa home .
  3.155 Million  humans .  call Iowa home . ( I have to leave that there, lol )

Hawkeye State Eh ?
' I just saw a photo of Down Town  farmers Market  in des Moines Iowa .
Lord , black people live in Iowa. '
smh. lol.

#8 Oct 18, 2020 8:36 pm

Real Distwalker
Active

23.6 million pigs per year in a state of 3 million people.  Now you understand why it was a problem when pork processors were shut down due to the coronavirus.

I think they are fine now.  All pork packing house workers have already had it.  They do have heard immunity in those places.

#9 Oct 18, 2020 9:59 pm

Expat
Active

Not the pigs though......

Board footer