You are not logged in.

Announcement

Welcome to the one and only Spiceislander Talkshop. Please register and announce yourself in the New Members Forum. You will be upgraded to full use of the forum when it is established you are not a spammer.

#1 Nov 17, 2020 6:19 pm

Dancer
Active

Covid 19 ... Burn Out.

Coming from the  Caribbean 8 weeks ago , stress free , knowing the health plans by the WHO and Island's  great  handling of the virus Covid 19 routine was a blessing.
Up North with people doing what they want and talking about freedom and Democracy  is delusional .
I was / have been saying to others . " Stop hearing those MANY talking heads on radio  ,TV  and some Govt agencies talking too much and giving scores like it is a GAME. ( Sports)
.. Now others are beginning to echo the same , and that it is stressing out the citizens.
About  time !!
... EXPAT would fit right in up here.
LOL

#2 Nov 17, 2020 8:53 pm

Expat
Active

Re: Covid 19 ... Burn Out.

I think you are just jooking now... smile

It is tragic, that so few people seem able to use independant thought, and simply listen to the news feeds unquestioningly, even when the stats don't really support what is being said.

Historically there have been 40,272,538 cases that have been closed, of that number 3% died, pretty shitty, and also part of the early phase where treatment protocols were crap.

Currently there are 15,653,977 of which 99% are mild cases 15,553,730, probably mostly asymptomatic, and just 1% are serious or critical 100,247.

These are figures for the entire World. Including countries with atrocious slums, and Presidents who thought it was a hoax.... at least 2 of them.

With 1% not dead, but going to struggle, the death rate is going to be no where near where the panic merchants are trying to get you to believe. So you will roll up your slieve and unquestioningly stich a foreign form of virus into your body.

Now the big question is, am I an antivaxxer never to be trusted, or just not sleep walking and feeding you information direct from the Worldometer.

Last edited by Expat (Nov 17, 2020 8:55 pm)

#3 Nov 18, 2020 10:46 am

Slice
Active

Dancer ah with you, it is so easy to relax and take it easy, forgetting about COVID 19 in the Caribbean.  Two weeks ago ah went to Country gathering, Kinda Country night club.  Not ah soul was wearing mask and everyone was drunk.  I did the same thins except get drunk and ah regretted doing that up to now.  Not me again, taking all the necessary precautions from now.

#4 Nov 18, 2020 10:51 am

Real Distwalker
Active

It is not easy to forget it here.  It is closing in.  It is 15 times greater now than it was in the spring.

#5 Nov 19, 2020 12:35 am

Expat
Active

Slice wrote:

Dancer ah with you, it is so easy to relax and take it easy, forgetting about COVID 19 in the Caribbean.  Two weeks ago ah went to Country gathering, Kinda Country night club.  Not ah soul was wearing mask and everyone was drunk.  I did the same thins except get drunk and ah regretted doing that up to now.  Not me again, taking all the necessary precautions from now.

We are in a comfort zone created by our very few not only cases, but extremely few people who have been contaminated. 3 to date. Luckily all captured before spreading.

If we just get one case go wild, then I do believe with the Govt clamp down that will occur, as we are still under Emergency Powers, we may be lucky to hold it to just a few active community spread cases. I would expect AFTER that scare people would take it a lot more seriously. We are currently in the stage they had in the UK at the begining of WW2 called the phoney war. It just doesn't seem real.

Board footer