You are not logged in.

Announcement

Welcome to the one and only Spiceislander Talkshop. Please register and announce yourself in the New Members Forum. You will be upgraded to full use of the forum when it is established you are not a spammer.

#1 Nov 20, 2020 10:14 am

Dancer
Active

Slipping Into Darkness - WAR - the Band -

For nearly 10 months on the island  I had little US TV , spotty internet ,  and  to be honest ,   not much interest  in the  two .
After returning these 2 months ,  inundated with both  I begin to under stand why.

' So I was not surprised  that  * Slipping Into Darkness - a  song by the Band WAR popped up this  morning *
The song writer explained.....
"  your mind could just go on , and you just go off to the left - you have to be careful , you have to say , 'don't go there . i'ts   like that  wall between sane and insane .
We all figure we're sane , and once in a while we look past that wall , our head pops and we look and say " Here's Johnny " and we see certain things and some of us have been known to go over there and stay ... but some of us pops their head right back , Because that's right on the border line of sane and insane.
The noise coming from the Repubs is a manifestation   of slipping into darkness.

SAVVY ?

#2 Nov 20, 2020 11:08 am

New Historian
Active

Re: Slipping Into Darkness - WAR - the Band -

Great band, funk-rock. Had a great harmonica player called Lee Oscar.

#3 Nov 20, 2020 12:43 pm

Dancer
Active

" Gotta love music New Historian . lo. "

I remember going to school in NYC in 1975 and a school friend (Scoopy)  introduced me to  WAR.
Have a couple of their albums.
We would hang out.... looooo . lol 

So NH , I hope you have heard   SLY and ROBBIE + TAXI Gang --   doing Slipping into Darkness .. BOSS.
Music to enjoy the day.

#4 Nov 20, 2020 12:43 pm

Slice
Active

Dancer wrote:

For nearly 10 months on the island  I had little US TV , spotty internet ,  and  to be honest ,   not much interest  in the  two .
After returning these 2 months ,  inundated with both  I begin to under stand why.

' So I was not surprised  that  * Slipping Into Darkness - a  song by the Band WAR popped up this  morning *
The song writer explained.....
"  your mind could just go on , and you just go off to the left - you have to be careful , you have to say , 'don't go there . i'ts   like that  wall between sane and insane .
We all figure we're sane , and once in a while we look past that wall , our head pops and we look and say " Here's Johnny " and we see certain things and some of us have been known to go over there and stay ... but some of us pops their head right back , Because that's right on the border line of sane and insane.
The noise coming from the Repubs is a manifestation   of slipping into darkness.

SAVVY ?

We ent that bad in Grenada.  A nice Medical system and some computers and ah could spend the rest of my life here. A bad day in the Island of Spice is better than your best day in England and America.  Ah kinda falling in the Expat mentality.  He did warn me doh fight, they will kill you.  All ah need is ah PADNAH to lime during the day.

#5 Nov 20, 2020 12:45 pm

Dancer
Active

Slice , you hit the nail on the head.   A liming padnah  and you are good to go .

Board footer