You are not logged in.

Announcement

Welcome to the one and only Spiceislander Talkshop. Please register and announce yourself in the New Members Forum. You will be upgraded to full use of the forum when it is established you are not a spammer.

#1 Nov 20, 2020 7:17 am

Slice
Active

DOING WHAT AH DID IN AMERICA STAYING ME BUTT HOME, WHEN AH OUT KEEPING

WEARING MASK AND KEEPING DISTANCE.

Well Expat, my part was ordered, possibility could come today. (I realize Grenadian gives date,  and time that is impossibility, but give anyway) I think I should have my TV on sometimes late next week.  Got my car washed in the same zone yesterday $30.00 for ah real nice car wash.  Guy said by the time you come back from Southern electric, you car will be done. Walk up SE, car was just beginning to prep.  About one hour for ah good car was not bad atall.  Price super.

Expat might need Front brakes any suggestion?  Still waiting on the lime to the Brewery.

#2 Nov 20, 2020 7:24 pm

Expat
Active

Re: DOING WHAT AH DID IN AMERICA STAYING ME BUTT HOME, WHEN AH OUT KEEPING

Front brakes should be simple to do, Get the pads, bring them, I help YOU to do them, and then you are set for life.

For the cost of 2 or 3 spanners you will never pay a mechanic again. For brakes at least.

I should think the tail end of next week could become a boys afternoon out. Being Geriatric,  don't stay out too late... smile  I have to be in to get my glass of milk and a digestive buscuit.

Just finished ammending the two bathrooms plumbing, so I could install a 250 gallon grey water tank to feed the crops during dry season.

I still have to cast the base and block it up so I get enough head of water to get the water to run.

Then I have to rip out the old door frame and install a new one in the house in St Pauls, Then there are honey do's coming out of my ears, never mind clearing up after felling 3 trrees in St Pauls, and the continual battle with the grass.

But I guess I could squeeze in a pint if you ask me nicely  smile

#3 Nov 21, 2020 7:02 am

Slice
Active

So ah doh believe, ah here all these time and we ent do Brewery yet.  Ah have ah plague or what?  Thanks in advance, will get the brakes and let you know.  Man you do everything damn thing.  When will it stop raining, could you also tell me that?

#4 Nov 21, 2020 11:56 am

Expat
Active

As soon as the thick heavy clouds pass over... Simples.

I was so knackered yesterday afternoon I dropped on the bed and slept for 2 hours before I came back to life. Apart from a trip to the Saturday market I aint done nuffin today, and probably won't. I am tired.

#5 Nov 22, 2020 7:23 am

Slice
Active

You should go and serve the Lord, they God today.  Make sure you have your Bible and your Hymn book.  Say some prayers for IOWA, they need it very bad.

#6 Nov 22, 2020 12:40 pm

Expat
Active

Iowans full o God, they don't need no help from me.

#7 Nov 22, 2020 1:08 pm

Real Distwalker
Active

The spread here is uncontrolled but everybody I know who has had it, and that is dozens, has gotten over it in less than a week.  The worst part according to my close friend here in town is the loss of taste.  He is complaining that everything tastes the same.  If that is as bad as it gets for him - ten days of no taste - it isn't that bad.

Hospitalizations are way up but, in my part of the state, 44% of hospital beds are still open.  Further, we seem to have peaked again.  For the last week the rate has fallen.  As of today, the Rt rate is 1.03.

The good news is that our economy has recovered.  Unemployment is just 3.9%.   That is good by any measure.  It helps that Iowa never did have many jobs in tourism or hospitality.

I don't know what to say except the Plains States have been the hottest part of the world and it isn't really that bad.  We are staring into the maw of this beast and we are okay.

#8 Nov 22, 2020 4:26 pm

Expat
Active

So what you are saying is nearly exactly the same as ICAN via The Highwire has been saying for months.

There are those of very high repute i.e. very distinguished Doctors who are actually saying the thing is basically over, simply we are misdiagnosing ourselves into a corner, and mistreating patients as a result. Time will tell. 20/20 vision will see where the scales end up.

Board footer