You are not logged in.

Announcement

Welcome to the one and only Spiceislander Talkshop. Please register and announce yourself in the New Members Forum. You will be upgraded to full use of the forum when it is established you are not a spammer.

#1 Dec 19, 2020 12:41 pm

Dancer
Active

JUPITER, SATURN to line up in *Christmas Star* conjunction of planets

GLOBAL... NEWS. That's Canadian btw. ...Josh Elliott.

. IF  you have been waiting for the right moment to cast a spell , chase an omen or dream  or simply to witness a  marvel of our Solar System . MONDAY is the NIGHT.
.. JUPITER and SATURN  will line up in the night sky on Dec 21st . In an extremely rare conjunction of the planets that has not happened in 400 years.
... These two planets will appear close  enough to shine as one  BRIGHT point in the sky , providing a * CHRISTMAS STAR * like effect ahead of the holidays.
.... The so called 'Great conjunction'  will also occur  during the Northern Hemisphere's Winter Solstice, Which is the shortest day of the year in daylight hours.

Every 400 years Eh ? Interesting , so that's why STONEHENGE comes to mind '

' The astrologers ,witches ,wizards , must be going crazy. Lo.

#2 Dec 19, 2020 3:46 pm

Expat
Active

Re: JUPITER, SATURN to line up in *Christmas Star* conjunction of planets

I may be wrong, but I think Stonehenge is about the rising of the Sun on Summer and Winter Solstice. Not the planets... Pls advise accordingly ... smile

#3 Dec 21, 2020 2:57 pm

houston
Active

Supposed to be visible just after sundown, looking to the southwest. Pretty thick clouds where I am so won't be able to see much.

https://www.cbc.ca/news/technology/jupi … -1.5849913

#4 Dec 21, 2020 6:38 pm

Real Distwalker
Active

Well, that's interesting and everything but... When the moon is in the seventh house and Jupiter aligns with Mars, then peace will guide the planets and love will steer the stars.

#5 Dec 21, 2020 7:57 pm

Real Distwalker
Active

No telescope, just a 200mm zoom lens on my Pentax DSLR. This is just a snap with standard camera equipment. Still, Jupiter and, vaguely, all four Galilean moons are visible. Saturn is above showing signs of the rings. Taken five minutes ago out my dining room window..

132429984-1750556828435352-413457797633653029-o.jpg

#6 Dec 21, 2020 8:12 pm

Real Distwalker
Active

Three moons are visible. Upper left to lower right: Calisto, Io and Europa. What I thought was the fourth was, on second thought, a vague star. I guess the fourth Galilean moon - Ganymede - is behind Jupiter.

#7 Dec 21, 2020 8:40 pm

houston
Active

Nice one, that's a keeper.
Couldn't see a thing here, much to cloudy.

#8 Dec 22, 2020 12:50 pm

Dancer
Active

Real Distwalker wrote:

Well, that's interesting and everything but... When the moon is in the seventh house and Jupiter aligns with Mars, then peace will guide the planets and love will steer the stars.

....... lol. I was wondering if anyone would pick  up .

Board footer