You are not logged in.

Announcement

Welcome to the one and only Spiceislander Talkshop. Please register and announce yourself in the New Members Forum. You will be upgraded to full use of the forum when it is established you are not a spammer.

#1 May 04, 2020 3:35 pm

Dancer
Active

MYRNA LOY .......The only Good Girl IN Hollywood .......1930s

Years ago when I was introduced to the :The Thin Man Series : of movies . I thought Myrna Loy was hot , and good   ….. ' So you know , since then ,  I would watch any of her movies ,  that showed  up on You Tube.
To me Myrna was  - way under -  appreciated , lo.
But Things , Seem to be changing , others seeing the light.
…..A little background and then check out her photos. Lawd !

> Myrna Loy original name . Myrna Williams. Born 2 Aug 1905 in Montana USA. Died Ny Ny 1993  .
American motion picture actress who began her career playing treacherous femmes fatales and who attained stardom during the 1930s in roles as glib , resourceful sophisticates .
" Dubbed " The Queen Of Hollywood "
Loy was promoted by her studio as everyman   ' dream wife'  . Her combination of beauty and brains made male audiences regard her as the ideal mate.
'aloof yet seductive persona , they claimed.'

John Ford ::::  "  Wouldn't you know it , the kid they picked  to play  tramps is the only good girl in Hollywood."

SO..... to

Myrna Loy …… Flashbak.Com/the only good girl in Hollywood.       >>>>>> see some photos of a beautiful woman.

Last edited by Dancer (May 04, 2020 3:38 pm)

#2 Dec 28, 2020 12:57 pm

Dancer
Active

Re: MYRNA LOY .......The only Good Girl IN Hollywood .......1930s

Over the Xmas weekend we had a ball  with  old black and white movies from  the 40ies and 50ies .
Some 'noirs' , westerns and thrillers .

If you are not into good movies....... too bad. lol.

Time to go outside ,  a walk  to the   little  store  , its above freezing and mild .... fresh air ...people.'

Board footer