You are not logged in.

Announcement

Welcome to the one and only Spiceislander Talkshop. Please register and announce yourself in the New Members Forum. You will be upgraded to full use of the forum when it is established you are not a spammer.

#1 Jan 05, 2021 5:51 pm

Slice
Active

$1.500 versus $4.200 CAR INSURANCE, WHICH DO I GO WITH?

This may sound very easy.  I been with one insurance now for more than 20 years, and it seems every six months they are raising the premium.  No accidents, no driving points, but the insurance is going up.  Now their customer service is excellent.  My son last accident was five years ago, but they quickly did what they was suppose to do and I never ever had problem with them.  As ah matter of fact they are rated the second best auto insurance in America.

I got kinda mad because ah was expecting ah discount from them, instead they raised the price by $6.00.

So I called Progressive's.  In no time  they compared what ah was covered for and made me ah real cheap offer. $235 monthly verses $711.

Doing my research I realize their Customer service is not great.  It could take as much as 14 days for you to get them to respond or fix your vehicle.  Out of 23 major insurance in America they are rated number 16.

What the hell do I do?

#2 Jan 05, 2021 10:31 pm

Expat
Active

Re: $1.500 versus $4.200 CAR INSURANCE, WHICH DO I GO WITH?

It is well recognised that Insurance companies take the piss out of long standing customers.

Get them on the phone and tell them they need to do better, or you will go elsewhere.  End of.

#3 Jan 06, 2021 9:32 am

New Historian
Active

Progressive does good motorbike insurance - and they've got Flo, a winning combination!!

Flo.jpg

#4 Jan 06, 2021 12:28 pm

Slice
Active

Spoke to them this morning.  Waiting ah few days before ah jump ship.  Ah go gamble for awhile with progressives' and if they ent work out, ah going back to Geico.

Well that is how ah leaning right now.  $500.00 more to spend in Grenada.

#5 Jan 06, 2021 10:52 pm

Expat
Active

Slice wrote:

Spoke to them this morning.  Waiting ah few days before ah jump ship.  Ah go gamble for awhile with progressives' and if they ent work out, ah going back to Geico.

Well that is how ah leaning right now.  $500.00 more to spend in Grenada.

Always the voce of cheer and happiness.  LoL.

Amerikee about to go rotten with the new varient, U is going to be locked out just like the Brits.  Sorry mate.

PS, it's only my projection, I aint gotta clue about that.

#6 Jan 07, 2021 3:38 pm

Slice
Active

America will never ever be locked down again.  Tiefing Keith say closing the borders is not ah option.  Locking down America is not either.

Board footer