You are not logged in.

Announcement

Welcome to the one and only Spiceislander Talkshop. Please register and announce yourself in the New Members Forum. You will be upgraded to full use of the forum when it is established you are not a spammer.

#1 Jan 12, 2021 6:55 pm

Real Distwalker
Active

You have known me for a long time...

I am a life long conservative.  I believe in limited government, fiscal restraint, tight monetary policy, free trade, global leadership and moral rectitude.

I have never waivered on Donald Trump.  I knew from the moment he announced for president that he would be a national disaster.  I knew it.  Why?  Because character is destiny.  Trump is a man of deranged character and, as a result, turned out to be a deranged president.  It was predictable.

Many years ago when I was getting started in business, I had a mentor.  He told me, "you can't do good business with a bad man; you just can't.  I reflected on that when Trump announced.  I knew he was a bad man and, therefore, would not be good for America.

I lost a few friends due to my stance but I stuck to it.  To those ex-friends I would like to say, "I told you so."  I told them it would end badly. I told them this corrupt, man was rotten to the core and anything he touched would be corrupted.  I told them this years ago.

#2 Jan 12, 2021 8:28 pm

gripe
Active

Re: You have known me for a long time...

Kudos to you, RD.

One has to hope that last week's horror was a turning point for many who enabled the guy.

#3 Jan 13, 2021 12:19 pm

WH Man
Active

Real Distwalker wrote:

I am a life long conservative.  I believe in limited government, fiscal restraint, tight monetary policy, free trade, global leadership and moral rectitude.

I have never waivered on Donald Trump.  I knew from the moment he announced for president that he would be a national disaster.  I knew it.  Why?  Because character is destiny.  Trump is a man of deranged character and, as a result, turned out to be a deranged president.  It was predictable.

Many years ago when I was getting started in business, I had a mentor.  He told me, "you can't do good business with a bad man; you just can't.  I reflected on that when Trump announced.  I knew he was a bad man and, therefore, would not be good for America.

I lost a few friends due to my stance but I stuck to it.  To those ex-friends I would like to say, "I told you so."  I told them it would end badly. I told them this corrupt, man was rotten to the core and anything he touched would be corrupted.  I told them this years ago.

I'm still baffled by the fact that with a nation of ~330M people, in 2016, this deranged egomaniac would emerge as the Republican nominee for President.  Don't be surprised, he will try to run again in 2024. He should be purged from the Republican party.

That's exactly why I'm hoping he gets impeached, tried and convicted by the Senate. This automatically precludes him from holding any future public office. This is a man of no redeeming value.

#4 Jan 13, 2021 1:38 pm

Dancer
Active

Don't worry about in man from Iowa. Hanging out on TS would have had  to broaden your understanding of the world.

We hope .  lmao.

#5 Jan 13, 2021 1:44 pm

New Historian
Active

America is a land of paradoxes...

#6 Jan 13, 2021 8:40 pm

Expat
Active

Is a lifelong Conservative the same thing as a Libertarian?

It only took em 3 Years, 11 Months, and 3 weeks to grow some balls, and or conscience. Sad.

#7 Jan 13, 2021 9:05 pm

Real Distwalker
Active

Expat wrote:

Is a lifelong Conservative the same thing as a Libertarian?

In my case, yeah, pretty much.  For others, 'conservative' has other meanings.

Board footer