You are not logged in.

Announcement

Welcome to the one and only Spiceislander Talkshop. Please register and announce yourself in the New Members Forum. You will be upgraded to full use of the forum when it is established you are not a spammer.

#1 Jan 26, 2021 9:19 am

Slice
Active

NOW EXPAT, THIS WILL MAKE YOU WORST

Because of the new variant; most, already in America, I think there is also a brand new strain in California, the REAL experts are now asking to double mask, and I will starting today.

#2 Jan 26, 2021 10:58 am

Real Distwalker
Active

Re: NOW EXPAT, THIS WILL MAKE YOU WORST

A man writes into a sex advice column with three concerns.

1) He is worried about STDs.
2) He is worried about premature ejaculation.
3) He is worried that he has a small penis.

The columnist responds with solutions to each problem.

1) Wear a condom.
2) Wear two condoms.
3) Wear three condoms.

#3 Jan 27, 2021 12:03 am

Expat
Active

Slice wrote:

Because of the new variant; most, already in America, I think there is also a brand new strain in California, the REAL experts are now asking to double mask, and I will starting today.

Well pop off to the chemist and buy yourself an oxymeter.

Never mind that just wearing any mask including a simple scarf  increases you C02 levels that you breath to 10,000 ppm when even 2,500 is considered unsafe by building safety regulators.

I have an oxymeter, my blood sats are usually around 98%+, just for the crack, I put on a double mask, it took a few minutes for the effect to show up, but my sats dropped to 96%. Thats just sitting down breathing steady, no exertion.

So, even with a single simple mask your C02 levels are way above levels conducive to healthy life, also add onto that a double mask, and your oxygen levels are going to drop into unsafe levels, especially if you are doing more than just sitting at your computer.

This isn't hearsay, I did it myself.

Yes normal limits are 95 to 100%, so I didn't drop into unsafe territory, but below 92% and you are starting to get into trouble territory. Thats the level if you have Covid they take you into hospital. I am pretty sure any exertion would put you into a bad place.

Anyone who smugly says oh doctors and nurses wear mask for operations etc, probably didn't work in that environment. Even my own Sister an ex Nurse for 43 years said... oh yes, they often have to go outside and take off the mask to catch their breath.

Just one mask can damage your lungs, and there have been cases of people who have had heart attacks simply from the exertion of breathing through a mask. Don't take it light.

To put it into personal perspective, when I had a pre job medical and had to do a lung efficiency test mine went off the scale, whereas I glimpsed the card from the guy before me and it was a very soft graph. I used to play the Trumpet, I learned how to breath effectively. Most people do not have those skills.

KEEP your distance, sanitize, and as a failsafe wear a mask anytime you are close to people you do not know for sure are AOK. Do not get casual about friends etc. Keep your distance.

Most of the REAL experts are frigging idiots.  Sorry, but they don't read the white papers from the organisations they work for.

Oh and for more insight for several years I used to wear mask almost all the time at work.  But they were gas particulate masks with double canister filters, and most importantly with the release valve to let the stale air out. So no problem breathing in, and no effort to breath out. Completely different from a non vented N95, and 1000 times more efficient than a simple UNTESTED surgical mask.. Thats right COSH have not tested surgical masks. As their intended purpose is to stop doctors and nurses coughing and spluttering into wounds etc on patients, not stop the wearer breathing in a virus.

Why do you think Fauci said in the first place masks were a waste of time.... apart from  they didn't have enough to go round.

Last edited by Expat (Jan 27, 2021 12:10 am)

#4 Jan 27, 2021 12:58 pm

Slice
Active

Ah guess it depends on the kind of mask.  I tried wearing two real good makes yesterday and trust me it , wearing two lets say N95, just can't work. Wife had to call me this morning saying she cant breath wearing two N95.

#5 Jan 27, 2021 1:06 pm

Real Distwalker
Active

If you want to be absolutely certain that you are keeping 100 percent of the virus safely away, wear a plastic bag over your head tied tightly around your neck.  This stops 100 percent of all viruses; guaranteed!

#6 Jan 27, 2021 1:22 pm

Slice
Active

Me ent ready to dead yet. So you saying it do not scare you?  I think you already had it, so you ent in no danger.   This thing has not been studied, and they are making it up as they go; so, me ent taking chances.

#7 Jan 27, 2021 4:31 pm

Real Distwalker
Active

I think I have had it.  I had all the typical symptoms and got it shortly after my son-in-law arrived from Florida and was ill.   Then my daughter got all the symptoms as well.  This, however, was in mid-March and we had no way to get tested.  I am not 100 percent sure.

That said, my son-in-law had a fever, headache and cough.  My daughter and I had unusual headaches, mild fever and complete lost of taste and smell for ten days.   I would be shocked to find out we DIDN'T have it but I can't prove it.

Board footer