You are not logged in.

Announcement

Welcome to the one and only Spiceislander Talkshop. Please register and announce yourself in the New Members Forum. You will be upgraded to full use of the forum when it is established you are not a spammer.

#11 Jan 23, 2021 4:43 pm

New Historian
Active

Re: Please please please

While for JA, it might be OK to go inclusive on a holiday, I aint going loacal, no sar.

Similarly while I spent happy times in Trinidad in the past. Not me again. I done wid dat.

How yu so wussish? I go to both all the time, for years, how come I survive? If that's your risk threshold then boy you real risk averse - and this from a biker?

#12 Jan 23, 2021 5:21 pm

Real Distwalker
Active

quote-it-is-better-to-lose-health-like-a-spendthrift-than-to-waste-it-like-a-miser-robert-louis-stevenson-28-35-74.jpg

#13 Jan 23, 2021 8:51 pm

Expat
Active

New Historian wrote:

While for JA, it might be OK to go inclusive on a holiday, I aint going loacal, no sar.

Similarly while I spent happy times in Trinidad in the past. Not me again. I done wid dat.

How yu so wussish? I go to both all the time, for years, how come I survive? If that's your risk threshold then boy you real risk averse - and this from a biker?

Risk assessment. I would throw my Harley through roundabouts in the UK, but unless you have sticky tyres and cannon balls for nuts I aint doing that In Greens, ergo riding ceased to be fun, when the right offer came along I jumped at it.

Maybe the death rate, or kidnap hasn't come up on your Trinidad Radar? Dude, backaday I have wandered around places in the very early hours of the morning that locals would think thrice about. To the point I couldnt get into my digs (long story) so I went to Bourge Malatresse to rest my head at around 2 in the morning.. Throwing small stones to wake the house. Much s creaming Oooooh Gawd Expats outside quick open the door. "You could have been killed".

I know other Expats who lived in Trinidad for 18 years who won't go back.

JA kills it's own, I aint even one their own.

#14 Jan 23, 2021 8:57 pm

Expat
Active

You might want to find a better quote, RLS died at 49  beleaguered by ill health. He HAD to cram as much in as possible.

#15 Jan 23, 2021 11:51 pm

New Historian
Active

Dude, backaday I have wandered around places in the very early hours of the morning that locals would think thrice about. To the point I couldnt get into my digs (long story) so I went to Bourge Malatresse to rest my head at around 2 in the morning.. Throwing small stones to wake the house. Much s creaming Oooooh Gawd Expats outside quick open the door. "You could have been killed".

And you say I take foolish risks?

#16 Jan 24, 2021 10:04 am

Real Distwalker
Active

Expat wrote:

You might want to find a better quote, RLS died at 49  beleaguered by ill health. He HAD to cram as much in as possible.

Au Contraire mon ami, his short life makes his quote more poignant and profound.

#17 Jan 24, 2021 2:17 pm

Expat
Active

>>his quote more poignant and profound.<< Because he had a short life and knew he was not well, so had to make the most of it.  He would not have made that quote if he was hale and hearty.

#18 Feb 01, 2021 11:03 pm

Vanni
Active

Real Distwalker wrote:

Hi Vanni. smile

Hey RD smile

How are you doing?

#19 Feb 01, 2021 11:19 pm

Vanni
Active

Slice wrote:

Vanni is that really you? Great seeing you.  Finally Expat got some company.  Vanni doh go nah, please stay with us.

Hey Slice smile

Yes it's really me, as usual ...

I'm not gone, just staying a bit aside watching the storm and doing my best to keep my sanity amongst a world which does not know its tail from its head any more.

People and events are increasingly requesting from us to build up a strong inner guidance and the discernment that comes together with it. And some say that it's just the beginning.

Anyway, happy start into the New Year to each of you smile

Board footer