You are not logged in.

Announcement

Welcome to the Spiceislander Talkshop. We have a new look and new features. Have a look around. The site remains Grenadian owned and hosted in the United States.

#1 Apr 14, 2017 9:25 pm

Real Distwalker

Good Friday

Our new pastor in out Lutheran Church is about my age and just out of seminary. He was a deacon for 15 years but this is his second career. He is from North Carolina and studied theater.

We had an eccumenical service with the Methodists and Presbyterians in our sanctuary so it was a full house. The telling of the story of the crucifixion by the three pastors in succession each snuffing a candle on the altar after the reading was powerful. I gotta tell you, a preacher with a background in theater is able to tell a moving story. People were weeping.

Easter this year is going to be awesome.

#2 Apr 15, 2017 6:51 am

Slice

Re: Good Friday

How much did it cost you?  Me and them pastor all them ah fraid them as cat fraid Holy Water.

Last edited by Slice (Apr 15, 2017 6:52 am)

#3 Apr 15, 2017 8:37 am

Real Distwalker

How much did Good Friday service cost?  Nothing.

#4 Apr 15, 2017 12:55 pm

Mt Rich Possi

Glad you enjoy the service....Maybe you should change you line of work and become Pastor RD....

Mt Rich Possi

#5 Apr 15, 2017 1:26 pm

Real Distwalker

I am not pastor material.  I don't have the personality, the skill set or the desire.

#6 Apr 15, 2017 1:46 pm

Expat

Or the lungs, Many of those pastors have a degree in hysterical shouting....Say Amen.

#7 Apr 15, 2017 3:29 pm

Real Distwalker

There isn't any shouting in a Lutheran church. :-)

Board footer