You are not logged in.

Announcement

Welcome to the one and only Spiceislander Talkshop. Please register and announce yourself in the New Members Forum. You will be upgraded to full use of the forum when it is established you are not a spammer.

#11 Feb 08, 2021 2:07 pm

Expat
Active

Re: Summertime Cruise

New Historian wrote:
Expat wrote:
New Historian wrote:

"Hills"!!

So Saturday me and fave dawg Buddy go strolling, both of us proudly wearing our Grenada flag bandanas. The chupid woman at the entrance to the vendors market shriek:

"You can't put a flag on de dawg, dah's illegal!"

"Oh really? aND WHO IS YOU, A POLICE? a LAWYER? Stupes"

It went rapidly downhill from there. ....

LOL ah do love a righteous cussin' of chupid people.

https://i.postimg.cc/CZdSkfdW/Grenada-independent-dawg-day.jpg

You JCB's have no idea as to how analy retentive the people of Grenada are.

It is a legal requirement to treat the flag with respect. It should not even be allowed to touch the ground.

Rather like Muslims who are the new boys on the block are zealous in their approach to their doctrin, so the newly liberated make big of their National Flag. Older nations while respecting the Flag are not quite so anal.

Yeah  while every village paints the flag on old tyres for every dawg to piss on?  What she was all about is Grenadians' typical uncaring attitude towards animals: how dare a dawg have a flag?

JCB my backside, ah was just on a "temporary absence"!!

Colours not Flag, dude, what are you calling temporary?  50 years  LoL  smile

#12 Feb 08, 2021 2:53 pm

New Historian
Active

"temporary" is a flexible concept!

#13 Feb 08, 2021 2:58 pm

Slice
Active

LORDEE ah dead dead.  If ah have them knda road to drive with my car ah just know ah dead. I have never met ah stretch ah almost empty roads ah din like.  No doubt in me mind I can floor the peddle with that stretch ah road.

And RD just cruising, taking it slow.  Hell no not me.

#14 Feb 08, 2021 10:44 pm

Expat
Active

Slice wrote:

LORDEE ah dead dead.  If ah have them knda road to drive with my car ah just know ah dead. I have never met ah stretch ah almost empty roads ah din like.  No doubt in me mind I can floor the peddle with that stretch ah road.

And RD just cruising, taking it slow.  Hell no not me.

He probably knows where the smokies are... However I will agree with you that pedal on the right is there to be pressed.... smile

On good old British Motorways one Expat has been known to do 125+, which is a mere 55mph over the limit. Oops. Sorry your hofficership   smile

#15 Feb 08, 2021 10:57 pm

Real Distwalker
Active

My 1969 Impala convertible is a cruising vessel.  She handles like river barge.  She is build for comfort, not speed.  You take her out for smooth sailing and it is a fine thing when you do.

Board footer