You are not logged in.

Announcement

Welcome to the one and only Spiceislander Talkshop. Please register and announce yourself in the New Members Forum. You will be upgraded to full use of the forum when it is established you are not a spammer.

#11 Feb 16, 2021 5:53 pm

Slice
Active

Re: Norway: the coldest place I've ever been - and not just the weather

Vanni wrote:

Sorry to hear what you've been through, Historian. All we can wish for, is that by now Norwegians and all the Earthlings are looking at each other from their heart. We cannot call our humanity civilised as long as such things happen. I am convinced that a genuine family of humans can exist and is on its way to do so. We really need to resolve this before we can step further.

This apart, though Sweden is milder in climate and provides more learning material, I am now learning Norwegian. Just to add another language to my initial four-to-five ones, also to understand better some of the English and German roots (as well as the local German, which is not understood by Germans, so is being counted as a language in itself), and then the attempt to grasp some oh so exotic Japanese - for the sake of learning a language which has strictly nothing to do with our Latin and Germanic ones.

Have a blessed day everyone smile

Vanni, you know calling me [racist word], I no longer feel insulted or offended.  I  now always feel sorry for the ignorant bastard.

IF NH had frequent flier miles, he probably should have about ah billion.

Last edited by Slice (Feb 16, 2021 5:54 pm)

#12 Feb 16, 2021 7:47 pm

New Historian
Active

Re: Norway: the coldest place I've ever been - and not just the weather

Slice wrote:
Vanni wrote:

Sorry to hear what you've been through, Historian. All we can wish for, is that by now Norwegians and all the Earthlings are looking at each other from their heart. We cannot call our humanity civilised as long as such things happen. I am convinced that a genuine family of humans can exist and is on its way to do so. We really need to resolve this before we can step further.

This apart, though Sweden is milder in climate and provides more learning material, I am now learning Norwegian. Just to add another language to my initial four-to-five ones, also to understand better some of the English and German roots (as well as the local German, which is not understood by Germans, so is being counted as a language in itself), and then the attempt to grasp some oh so exotic Japanese - for the sake of learning a language which has strictly nothing to do with our Latin and Germanic ones.

Have a blessed day everyone smile

Vanni, you know calling me [racist word], I no longer feel insulted or offended.  I  now always feel sorry for the ignorant bastard.

IF NH had frequent flier miles, he probably should have about ah billion.

What don't kill, fatten. Racist incidences never had a lasting effect on me, despite the momentary anger. Once on Picadilly Circus this drunk shouts at me: "Why dontcha go back to Pakistan!" My wife and I fell about laughing, I couldn't even hit him!

Board footer