You are not logged in.

Announcement

Welcome to the one and only Spiceislander Talkshop. Please register and announce yourself in the New Members Forum. You will be upgraded to full use of the forum when it is established you are not a spammer.

#1 Feb 22, 2021 5:56 pm

New Historian
Active

Thank you govt of Grenada

People think I only cuss them but I also give Jack his jacket, when due.

Jabbed.jpg

#2 Feb 22, 2021 11:18 pm

Expat
Active

Re: Thank you govt of Grenada

And who do YOU know?

#3 Feb 22, 2021 11:58 pm

New Historian
Active

Not one soul. I heard they were giving them out to "essential workers and the elderly", so I just nipped across to the Radisson to check it out. Bit of a wait but very orderly and organized. Sometimes it helps to be a greybeard, they never said a word! I'm vulnerable, innit?

#4 Feb 23, 2021 9:21 am

Expat
Active

I guess you have elephant ears, able to hear noises from miles away.

I knew front line staff and government workers were getting it, if it was the elderly then their few ?10,000? shots would be blown right there.

#5 Feb 23, 2021 9:22 am

Real Distwalker
Active

Lucky you NH. smile

#6 Feb 23, 2021 9:29 am

New Historian
Active

Mate, go down there now. The Missus left here at 8 and she's on her way home already. Go!

#7 Feb 23, 2021 9:33 am

Expat
Active

Funny how the Kayaks are being done this way according to the Government website..

>>The Ministry of Health advises all frontline service providers on the sister isles of Carriacou and Petite Martinique, that they can receive their (COVID-19) vaccine at the Princess Royal Hospital in Carriacou on Wednesday 24 February, 2021, from 11:30 a.m. to 3:00 p.m.
Eligible frontline personnel include:
- Law enforcement officers, (Police, Customs and Immigration),
- Health wardens and contact tracers,
- Port/Dock workers
- Airport workers,
- Hotel and guest house employees, and
- Certified Taxi operators
Interested workers must present a valid company photo ID or an official ID inclusive of NIS, driver's license or passport. Provision has also been made for Seafarers from the sister-isles, who are interested in receiving the vaccine to present themselves to be
vaccinated.<<

Nuffin about old farts.

#8 Feb 23, 2021 9:49 am

New Historian
Active

I asked the big cheese yesterday if my wife, a sprightly 64 years old, would qualify and he muttered: Just come, we not turning anyone away. Just go. And no big crowds right now, so I've "heard".

#9 Feb 23, 2021 9:59 am

Dancer
Active

Good info  : Thank you India .
Prime ministers  Mottley , Sherrit  have worked to make these 'donations' a possibility and have decided to share with OECS . ..... Leadership continues in the Caribbean.

Can you believe it up North . Up North we are not there yet. Coming soon they say.
' just nip over by Radisson  and get the prick.
Lord !   ...... cool.

#10 Feb 23, 2021 10:27 am

New Historian
Active

Update again: wifey and son and DIL all done! Seems a lot of people are anti-vaxxers and aren't taking up the offer. They told my wife: tell EVERYONE you know: just come down.

Board footer