You are not logged in.

Announcement

Welcome to the one and only Spiceislander Talkshop. Please register and announce yourself in the New Members Forum. You will be upgraded to full use of the forum when it is established you are not a spammer.

#1 Apr 02, 2021 11:15 am

Dancer
Active

GOOD FRIDAY is today.

Good Friday is a big day on the island . It's a quiet day , a Church day , respectful day .  Even the boys on the block , play it cool.
Cursing is keep to the minimum 
You could get one or two cross buns
At mid day , you cut some tree and it bled
Another berry could predict if you were going away .  ... by ship 
and of course .... no meat .
Fish even salt.

Last edited by Dancer (Apr 02, 2021 4:16 pm)

#2 Apr 02, 2021 12:23 pm

Expat
Active

Re: GOOD FRIDAY is today.

I am damned, I had 3 eggs this morning.

#3 Apr 02, 2021 7:01 pm

Real Distwalker
Active

Where in scripture does it say you can't eat meat on the Friday proceeding the first Sunday following the first full moon after the spring equinox?  Nowhere.  I had ravioli and meatballs for lunch.

#4 Apr 02, 2021 8:19 pm

Expat
Active

As we all know I do not have a religious bent, but is Friday not always a fish day?  Never mind Good Friday.

I was a good boy this evening Fish was consumed, but it was cooked for me, Other than saying no,(not a good idea) a frozen meal would have been my other option.

#5 Apr 02, 2021 8:51 pm

Real Distwalker
Active

I love fish and would happily enjoy fish for supper.  I don't think God cares one way or the other.

#6 Apr 02, 2021 11:56 pm

Expat
Active

I am bloody sure God don't give a toss, but I think it is a Catholic doctrine, like going on Sunday is a must, as it is a day of obligation.

Board footer