You are not logged in.

Announcement

Welcome to the one and only Spiceislander Talkshop. Please register and announce yourself in the New Members Forum. You will be upgraded to full use of the forum when it is established you are not a spammer.

#11 Apr 07, 2021 10:58 pm

New Historian
Active

Re: I love Carriacou

It's not about the sea and the hills and the trees - it's about all that plus the most important thing: the people. Grinchbag. And you ain't been there nor done that, you need to explore beyond Redgate me old son, there's a big world of small islands out there.

#12 Apr 08, 2021 9:23 am

Expat
Active

No, there are lots of little islands, which give or take a few minor details will look and are 99.9999% the same as the little patch I occupy.

Even though the temperement of say Trini, is a bit different to Grenada, and yep there's a whole lot more going on there than here, it a CARRIBEAN Island... same old same old.

Ask me would I go to Tibet, or India, or Malawi, or Thailand, that's a different ball game.

#13 Apr 08, 2021 9:39 am

New Historian
Active

Wha de ass yuh wan go Malawi fuh? Is pure crocodile an' lion in yuh bamsie. Caribbean life sweet fuh so boy.

#14 Apr 08, 2021 11:33 am

Slice
Active

New Historian wrote:

It's not about the sea and the hills and the trees - it's about all that plus the most important thing: the people. Grinchbag. And you ain't been there nor done that, you need to explore beyond Redgate me old son, there's a big world of small islands out there.

Ah tell you that man they call Expat, is ah trip, in his little piece of heaven.  He is very comfortable when he doing he thing someway in Red Gate.

Sun hot like hell, but he out there in it sweating.  Ah wonder how ah guy his age does it.  One of my PADNAHS in Grenada, is ah kinda  farmer, but by 11am he back in he house enjoying AC.  Not Expat.

#15 Apr 08, 2021 12:02 pm

New Historian
Active

Slice wrote:
New Historian wrote:

Ah tell you that man they call Expat, is ah trip, in his little piece of heaven.  He is very comfortable when he doing he thing someway in Red Gate.

Sun hot like hell, but he out there in it sweating.  Ah wonder how ah guy his age does it.  One of my PADNAHS in Grenada, is ah kinda  farmer, but by 11am he back in he house enjoying AC.  Not Expat.

Yuh doh hear what dey say? "Is only mad dogs and Englishmen, stay out in the noonday sun"! Or in this case: Expats lol.

#16 Apr 08, 2021 1:05 pm

Expat
Active

Slice wrote:
New Historian wrote:

Allu Pzzeyyys. Monday I was out clearing the range down by the bay.  Sun hot like hell, aint going to deny it was tough going, at one point I thought I was eating the air not breathing it, but me sidekick 20 + years junior was wimping out all over the place.... Ohhhhh I can't take the Sun.... Ohhhhh.  Meanwhile I am dragging 8x4 sheets of ply someone was obviously going to use to make a camp on the land up to the target point to blast some 9mm holes in it to give them the idea trespassing was not a good idea.

Last edited by Expat (Apr 08, 2021 1:06 pm)

Board footer