You are not logged in.

Announcement

Welcome to the one and only Spiceislander Talkshop. Please register and make your first post in the New Members Forum. Just mention 'Grenada' in your first post and you will be upgraded to full access.

#1 May 27, 2021 6:30 pm

New Historian
Active

Not mine but true words worth repeating

The only way the Caribbean can get out of the covid mess is through vaccination. The vaccinations are safe and effective. Right now Vermont in the USA has one of the highest rates of vaccination in the world for it's population. 77.6% vaccinated with at least one shot. Deaths have fallen to zero, new cases are way down from when vaccination started. When VT reaches 80% all covid restrictions are being removed. None of the dire nonsense predicted by the antivaxxers has happened. It just takes a community realizing we are in this together and can only get out of it together, so pulling together for the common good. It is very achievable for the Caribbean.

#2 May 27, 2021 6:39 pm

Real Distwalker
Active

Re: Not mine but true words worth repeating

There are 3,021 people in my township and the last case of Covid we had was April 30th.  All restrictions are gone.  Mask wear is voluntary everywhere. Everything is back to normal.  I attribute this 100 percent to the vaccine.

#3 May 27, 2021 8:17 pm

houston
Active

The first and second waves took a terrible toll on the elderly in Ontario so they were the first to receive vaccinations. During the third wave there were very few cases in long term care homes.
I had my doubts about the various vaccines and planned on waiting until the dust settled. After seeing what was happening in India, I put the vaccine shopping aside and jumped at the first opportunity  to get vaccinated no matter what it was and feel very fortunate to have done so.
No doubts left in my mind.

#4 May 29, 2021 8:27 am

Slice
Active

I got all mine in.  In honesty I did feel ah bit sick, for the first week.  Nothing serious doh.  I think my body was adjusting to the foreign matter.  Way Expat?

#5 May 29, 2021 12:48 pm

New Historian
Active

Slice wrote:

I got all mine in.  In honesty I did feel ah bit sick, for the first week.  Nothing serious doh.  I think my body was adjusting to the foreign matter.  Way Expat?

Snowflakes can't take de heat.

Board footer