You are not logged in.

Announcement

Welcome to the one and only Spiceislander Talkshop. Please register and make your first post in the New Members Forum. Just mention 'Grenada' in your first post and you will be upgraded to full access.

#11 Jun 06, 2021 11:34 am

Real Distwalker
Active

Re: Me and god

I agree with you assessment of the population situation.  So do the Chinese.  They are now allowing couples to have three children.  The problem for the Chinese is that the one-child-policy went into effect in 1980.  No breeding age person was alive then.  It has become the social norm to have one or none... just like in the rest of the industrialized world.

#12 Jun 06, 2021 2:12 pm

Dancer
Active

New Historian wrote:

Hmm, interesting! The presence of god eh? On more than one occasion I actively sought the presence of god, really asked for his help, sign, comfort, anything. Nothing came. Then the more I thought about it, read about it, debunked the myths about it, I saw my truth: all religions share the same kernels of truth, all of them have positives and negatives (more of the latter in my book), and all of them were invented by man.

...... Have you  not  heard  of 'Job' at Sunday Catholic  school    ?

A hymn :
Great is thy faithfulness 
O God , my father /maker
there is no  shadow  of turning with thee
Thou changest not
Thy compassions , thy fail not
As  thou has , thou forever will be.

Last edited by Dancer (Jun 06, 2021 2:34 pm)

#13 Jun 06, 2021 8:34 pm

New Historian
Active

Dancer wrote:
New Historian wrote:

Hmm, interesting! The presence of god eh? On more than one occasion I actively sought the presence of god, really asked for his help, sign, comfort, anything. Nothing came. Then the more I thought about it, read about it, debunked the myths about it, I saw my truth: all religions share the same kernels of truth, all of them have positives and negatives (more of the latter in my book), and all of them were invented by man.

...... Have you  not  heard  of 'Job' at Sunday Catholic  school    ?

A hymn :
Great is thy faithfulness 
O God , my father /maker
there is no  shadow  of turning with thee
Thou changest not
Thy compassions , thy fail not
As  thou has , thou forever will be.

NO idea what ANY of that is supposed to mean lol!

Essential reading for any Christian who seeks to place their dogmatic beliefs into any kind of objective historical non-religious context: The Holy Blood and the Holy Grail: mind-bowing. The book/movie Da Vinci Code culled large parts of it and added Hollywood drama.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=V-a_yrBGWYs

This book came out in 1983 and I still have the hardback, talk about life-changing? This book was one. It broke down the whole bible story, amended, distorted and manipulated over centuries by emperors and corrupt popes, weeded out the lies and so-called miracles, and presented, possibly, the truth. Okay, some of its secret society claims are a bit far-fetched, but its historical interpretation, free of religious mumbo-jumbo and miracles, is unassailable.

PS: I've been to Rennes-le-Chateau in the south of France, home of the whole Grail mystery. My camera, which worked perfectly during the whole road trip, suddenly malfunctioned on that day, coincidence?

P1000925.jpg

Board footer