You are not logged in.

Announcement

Welcome to the one and only Spiceislander Talkshop. Please register and announce yourself in the New Members Forum. You will be upgraded to full use of the forum when it is established you are not a spammer.

#1 Jul 02, 2021 1:35 pm

New Historian
Active

Elsa lashin' we

Today upgraded to Hurricane Elsa, it's north of us but we getting huge rains. River road burst it's banks, Grand Anse is a lake and I seeing videos of cars getting washed away.

I live in an OLD wooden house, lots of charm but ... old! Thank GOD the landlady, our good friend, replaced the leaky roof two months ago, or else we'd be homeless lol!!

Barbados gettin' lash worse than we, roofs gone and trees down galore.

#2 Jul 02, 2021 1:38 pm

Real Distwalker
Active

Re: Elsa lashin' we

Well, you still have Internet so you haven't been washed away completely.  Stay dry!

#3 Jul 02, 2021 4:44 pm

New Historian
Active

It was fairly intense but mercifully brief. No major damage that I've heard of, unlike St Vincent and Barbados. As if the volcanic ash deluge earlier in those 2 countries this year wasn't enough!

#4 Jul 02, 2021 5:19 pm

houston
Active

Where is the local Meteorologist when you need him?
Has Expat gone underground to work in a secret lab or has he been napped by aliens looking for knowledge on pandemic control?

#5 Jul 02, 2021 5:59 pm

Dancer
Active

Out of the Blue , Elsa strikes  !      .... Fingers  crossed ,  Gotta check .

Up North  ...  Stormy as I speak....

Lighting , Thunder ,  Hail , rain and  wind .
Is to continue over night ,,,, unsettled. and scattered.

Last edited by Dancer (Jul 02, 2021 6:03 pm)

#6 Jul 03, 2021 8:32 am

Slice
Active

New Historian wrote:

It was fairly intense but mercifully brief. No major damage that I've heard of, unlike St Vincent and Barbados. As if the volcanic ash deluge earlier in those 2 countries this year wasn't enough!

Man for more than four hours, that rain was so frigging intense ah was beginning to get very scared. The last time I rained that hard was about 4 years ago and all kinda water was in me house, but nothing happened this time.

Ah wonder why Grenadians are so scared of rain?  Is it because of Ivan? I got in me car and was about to explore.  Got as far as Westerhall, and had to turn right back.  Westerhall road was flooded and closed.

#7 Jul 03, 2021 9:16 am

New Historian
Active

We drove out at 2pm and it was all over, even the impromptu rivers and lakes had mainly gone. Today a beautiful bright day, calm after the storm. Feel it for St Lucia, they getting a hard lash now.

Board footer