You are not logged in.

Announcement

Welcome to the one and only Spiceislander Talkshop. Please register and announce yourself in the New Members Forum. You will be upgraded to full use of the forum when it is established you are not a spammer.

#1 Sep 03, 2021 11:25 am

Slice
Active

AH WONDERING IF EXPAT IS OF SOUND MIND NOW

Some weeks ago he told me that Australia is trying the drug Ivermectin to treat their Covid patience.  Yesterday I send him something fresh from a TV news programmed. The maker of that drug is asking folks to not take it for Covid.  One of their hero's, a Talkshow host is not using the drug to cure his covid, but rather a drug that is approved by the FDA.  He is however telling his followers he is taking the drug.

Still Expat is calling me ignorant, and is convince that this Horse drug is good for Covid.  I even told him, that fact is the poison Center is getting calls for folks using his drug.  Still he says I am ignorant and is not listening to facts.  Really  ah mean really?

Ah mean is it possible the Expat has gone coo coo?  He even told me that the WHO is now controlled by Bill Gates.  I ask again really Expat really?

#2 Sep 03, 2021 2:45 pm

Real Distwalker
Active

Re: AH WONDERING IF EXPAT IS OF SOUND MIND NOW

Two weeks ago Tuesday my brother traveled to Alabama with another salesman.  They spent 12 hours in the car together.  The other guy got his first vaccine jab the day before and wasn't feeling well.  They didn't think too much of it.

Well, they guy didn't get better and, in fact, got worse.  It turns out he got the delta version of Covid a couple days before his vaccine.  My brother spent 12 hours in a closed car with recycled air sitting next to a man sick with Covid who was symptomatic.

My brother is fully vaccinated.  He never got ill.  He never had a symptom.  Three days after the car ride he tested negative. He is fine.

The damned vaccine works!

#3 Sep 03, 2021 5:53 pm

New Historian
Active

These antivaxxers are an amazing new social group, entirely due to the impact of social media and the easy spreading of misinformation, they're exactly like religious fanatics - of all stripes. Facts and logic mean nothing: they really are possessed of this blind faith, as they see it this missionary - nay Messianic - zeal that they are the 'chosen ones', that only they have seen the light. Sounds familiar? I'm not taking it because it's experimental. It's now fully approved. Yeah, by the FDA? And like all fanatics, they are shameless, in their attempts to spread their "faith". They will, and regularly do, 'lie for the cause', they'll take any spec, any shred of non-evidence, and turn it into 'incontrovertible truth'.

I've become ruthless in dealing with these fools, online and in person: I'll call a fool a fool. Because what they ar doing is DANGEROUS: 12 people are responsible for 65% of the antivax posts. There's one German yachtie here I've seen with a placard by Saigon roundabout, next time I saw him by Sep's I stuck my finger in his chest: "This is NOT your country, stay the fuck out of OUR affairs. The next time I see you doing that, I'll make sure that you're OUT of Grenada - and I can!" And will. He got the memo. A few days later he tells me "You know Valma Jessamy in Grenada? She took the vaccine, and right now she's in a coma - because of the vaccine!" Logic: A man ate a donut, a man dies, ergo: is the donut kill him! A logical fallacy I pointed out to the fool, to the amusement of everyone around. PS: I know Dr. Valma Jessamy, Environmentalist, her Facebook page is crowded with pictures, posts, stuff from 3 hours ago, 10 hours ago, a day ago - how she do all that in a coma? These people are shameless in spreading their DANGEROUS lies.

#4 Sep 04, 2021 9:55 am

piratejenny
Active

Oooh, you mentioned HORSE and you know, I got wondering . . .

#5 Sep 04, 2021 4:14 pm

houston
Active

I wonder what the outcome would have been in the past during outbreaks of disease had the Internet been around. After all, everything we read on the Internet is true, isn't it?
Not long ago a kid without proper immunization for certain diseases would be suspended from attending school.
What has happened since then? Why the distrust for public health authorities with no hidden agenda, yet so many are willing to easily trust and believe anything written on the Internet that suits their rebellious agenda? Extremely selfish, one might say.
Strange how some would be willing to take anything other than that which is approved by the health authorities who are conspiring to get us.

https://www.theobserver.ca/news/world/w … ivermectin

#6 Sep 05, 2021 2:15 am

New Historian
Active

houston wrote:

I wonder what the outcome would have been in the past during outbreaks of disease had the Internet been around. After all, everything we read on the Internet is true, isn't it?
Not long ago a kid without proper immunization for certain diseases would be suspended from attending school.
What has happened since then? Why the distrust for public health authorities with no hidden agenda, yet so many are willing to easily trust and believe anything written on the Internet that suits their rebellious agenda? Extremely selfish, one might say.
Strange how some would be willing to take anything other than that which is approved by the health authorities who are conspiring to get us.

https://www.theobserver.ca/news/world/w … ivermectin

Well said. Exactly. 100%. Spot on. Absolutely.

#7 Sep 05, 2021 9:46 am

Real Distwalker
Active

The governments of literally every country in the world advocates for vaccines.  There are no dissenters.  That is one hell of a conspiracy, huh? big_smile

#8 Sep 06, 2021 10:45 am

WH Man
Active

New Historian wrote:

These antivaxxers are an amazing new social group, entirely due to the impact of social media and the easy spreading of misinformation, they're exactly like religious fanatics - of all stripes. Facts and logic mean nothing: they really are possessed of this blind faith, as they see it this missionary - nay Messianic - zeal that they are the 'chosen ones', that only they have seen the light. Sounds familiar? I'm not taking it because it's experimental. It's now fully approved. Yeah, by the FDA? And like all fanatics, they are shameless, in their attempts to spread their "faith". They will, and regularly do, 'lie for the cause', they'll take any spec, any shred of non-evidence, and turn it into 'incontrovertible truth'.

I've become ruthless in dealing with these fools, online and in person: I'll call a fool a fool. Because what they ar doing is DANGEROUS: 12 people are responsible for 65% of the antivax posts. There's one German yachtie here I've seen with a placard by Saigon roundabout, next time I saw him by Sep's I stuck my finger in his chest: "This is NOT your country, stay the fuck out of OUR affairs. The next time I see you doing that, I'll make sure that you're OUT of Grenada - and I can!" And will. He got the memo. A few days later he tells me "You know Valma Jessamy in Grenada? She took the vaccine, and right now she's in a coma - because of the vaccine!" Logic: A man ate a donut, a man dies, ergo: is the donut kill him! A logical fallacy I pointed out to the fool, to the amusement of everyone around. PS: I know Dr. Valma Jessamy, Environmentalist, her Facebook page is crowded with pictures, posts, stuff from 3 hours ago, 10 hours ago, a day ago - how she do all that in a coma? These people are shameless in spreading their DANGEROUS lies.

I share those sentiments. It's amazing how many stupid people populate this planet! My son- in- law is one of those jackasses, fortunately my daughter is fully vaccinated.   Where ignorance is bliss, it's folly to be wise!

#9 Sep 06, 2021 5:30 pm

Slice
Active

My Nephew who is an Emergency care person, got vaccinated.  He and his wife and two young daughters got sick from Covid.  All four have since recovered.  Everyday he is so happy he got vaccinated.

Board footer