You are not logged in.

Announcement

Welcome to the one and only Spiceislander Talkshop. Please register and announce yourself in the New Members Forum. You will be upgraded to full use of the forum when it is established you are not a spammer.

#11 Sep 14, 2021 6:57 pm

gripe
Active

Re: SHOULD I FEEL SORRY FOR FOLKS WHO REFUSED THE VACCINE AND IS NOW DEAD

Slice, we are in agreement with one thing: wear a mask (when around others inside or outside) even if you choose not to be vaccinated. The seriousness of the pandemic demands that minimum response from everyone.

#12 Sep 14, 2021 7:43 pm

houston
Active

Wear masks? That's it, that is the solution?
How many people died in Grenada during hurricane Ivan, a natural disaster that was unavoidable?
Now how many avoidable deaths have there been in Grenada due to Covid? Look at the numbers man!
How many of those that have succumbed to a virus were survivors of Ivan?
Sad and totally preventable.

#13 Sep 14, 2021 8:52 pm

gripe
Active

houston, the first part of your last contribution is a misreading of my comment about masks. At no point did I advocate that masks -- alone --  are the solution to the C-19 pandemic. Instead, my comment presented masks as a "minimum response". That clearly means that there are much better responses to the problem. Surely you know what the experts recommend. So, read between the lines, if you wish, to have a better understanding of my mask comment.

#14 Sep 15, 2021 8:33 am

Real Distwalker
Active

The vaccine is 1,000 times better protection than a mask.

#15 Sep 15, 2021 10:59 am

houston
Active

gripe wrote:

houston, the first part of your last contribution is a misreading of my comment about masks. At no point did I advocate that masks -- alone --  are the solution to the C-19 pandemic. Instead, my comment presented masks as a "minimum response". That clearly means that there are much better responses to the problem. Surely you know what the experts recommend. So, read between the lines, if you wish, to have a better understanding of my mask comment.

Got it, thanks gripe.

#16 Sep 15, 2021 11:29 am

Slice
Active

gripe wrote:

gripe am with houston.  Choosing to not be vaccinated is not a choice for Grenadians.  The vaccine is free, get the damn thing. Yesterday I learned the woman ah was dating before ah left Grenada, died of that killer virus.   GRENADIANS GET THE FRIGGING JAB.

#17 Sep 15, 2021 7:27 pm

houston
Active

Expat has gone awol. I hope that he is doing okay and not needing to visit a hospital for any reason.
Would love to hear his thoughts on the current situation in Grenada.

#18 Sep 16, 2021 12:03 am

New Historian
Active

houston wrote:

Expat has gone awol. I hope that he is doing okay and not needing to visit a hospital for any reason.
Would love to hear his thoughts on the current situation in Grenada.

Even his phone is off, boy shame is a helluva ting oui. But them people are fanatics, they bounce back up, facts and logic mean nothing. At his old-ass age and stage I sure hope he don't get it.

#19 Sep 16, 2021 9:30 am

Real Distwalker
Active

Still alive and planting coconuts on September 2nd.

Scroll down to September 2.

https://www.facebook.com/CARDIcaribbean/

#20 Sep 16, 2021 1:50 pm

Slice
Active

I msg him, he din answer.  Will call him tonight.  When ah left he had 100 Coconut plants for sale.  He last msg me on 6th.

Board footer