You are not logged in.

Announcement

Welcome to the one and only Spiceislander Talkshop. Please register and make your first post in the New Members Forum. Just mention 'Grenada' in your first post and you will be upgraded to full access.

#1 Sep 22, 2021 2:33 pm

Real Distwalker
Active

Vaccine Rates

Opera-Snapshot-2021-09-22-133228-ourworldindata-org.png

#2 Sep 24, 2021 7:45 pm

New Historian
Active

Re: Vaccine Rates

Are those single doses or fully vaccinated? Seems like the former, do you have the data for fully vaxxed? Thanks.

#3 Sep 24, 2021 9:53 pm

New Historian
Active

This is Grenada' dashboard as of yesterday, not a pretty picture. For a tiny close-knit island, can you imagine the impact of 97 deaths in just 6 weeks? We ALL know people who've died, some of us many. As of yesterday there were 33,132 first vaccinations, Grenada's population above 15 is about 87,000, giving a first vaccination rate of 38%. A mere. Crawling upwards.
Dashboard-23-9-21.jpg

#4 Sep 24, 2021 11:25 pm

Real Distwalker
Active

New Historian wrote:

Are those single doses or fully vaccinated? Seems like the former, do you have the data for fully vaxxed? Thanks.

I don't immediately see that option on that site.

#5 Sep 26, 2021 5:58 pm

houston
Active

New Historian wrote:

This is Grenada' dashboard as of yesterday, not a pretty picture. For a tiny close-knit island, can you imagine the impact of 97 deaths in just 6 weeks? We ALL know people who've died, some of us many. As of yesterday there were 33,132 first vaccinations, Grenada's population above 15 is about 87,000, giving a first vaccination rate of 38%. A mere. Crawling upwards.
https://i.postimg.cc/TpgN5HHr/Dashboard-23-9-21.jpg

No, I can not imagine the horror of losing so many in such a short period. Close friends, family and loved ones. My sympathy to all that are experiencing this nightmare of a time.

#6 Sep 27, 2021 5:46 pm

Real Distwalker
Active

Today's horror show...

Opera-Snapshot-2021-09-27-164530-ourworldindata-org.png

#7 Sep 27, 2021 6:43 pm

houston
Active

Old news now, but yes, the horse is out of the barn.
Forget the mini bus ride that so many rely on for transportation. Pop-up vaccination spots should be set up in every small community.  It's very likely that Grenada will need some assistance in containing this outbreak as resources are being maxed out.
The author of this column sure has some sensible things to say.

https://www.nowgrenada.com/2021/09/comb … ideration/

#8 Sep 27, 2021 8:23 pm

houston
Active

Another interesting comment from the local news.

https://www.nowgrenada.com/2021/09/what … peratives/

#9 Sep 28, 2021 9:00 am

Real Distwalker
Active

It could have all been avoided.  A year ago I said that Grenada can hold off the plague because it is an island.  I said over and over that someday, however, it would come screaming back.  The only way to avoid it was to take the 18 months of warning and prepare.  Did it happen?  Hell no.  What a mess.

#10 Sep 28, 2021 12:44 pm

Slice
Active

When they are holding their diaspora Zoom they usually send me a link.  Lord ah had plan to mention what you said so early, but my links they send me just do not work.  They will hold another meeting and ah plan to bring up this conversation.

Board footer