You are not logged in.

Announcement

Welcome to the one and only Spiceislander Talkshop. Please register and announce yourself in the New Members Forum. You will be upgraded to full use of the forum when it is established you are not a spammer.

#11 Sep 28, 2021 4:19 pm

Real Distwalker
Active

Re: Vaccine Rates

Don't credit me.  It was obvious that isolating Grenada, without a full vaccination plan, was simply delaying the inevitable. 

The immunologically naïve people of Grenada were like dry tinder as the global fire of pandemic raged.  Since Grenada is an island, it was able to keep the flames at bay for a time.  It was obvious, however, that a spark would eventually find it's way to Gree.

The good news is that the island had months and months to prepare.  While the rest of world piled coffins, Grenada had nothing but time to get ready for the inevitable. 

Well, the spark has landed and Grenada is aflame in Covid.   All the lockdowns, travel restrictions, mask mandates and social distancing of the last 18 months accomplished nothing but to delay the coming of the plague.  But it is there now.   It was all wasted.

All I can do is shake my head.

#12 Sep 28, 2021 7:31 pm

New Historian
Active

Without ascribing this to you, nor me, I'd like permission to reprint on Facebook:

"The immunologically naïve people of Grenada were like dry tinder as the global fire of pandemic raged.  Since Grenada is an island, it was able to keep the flames at bay for a time.  It was obvious, however, that a spark would eventually find it's way to Gree.

The good news is that the island had months and months to prepare.  While the rest of world piled coffins, Grenada had nothing but time to get ready for the inevitable.

Well, the spark has landed and Grenada is aflame in Covid.   All the lockdowns, travel restrictions, mask mandates and social distancing of the last 18 months accomplished nothing but to delay the coming of the plague.  But it is there now.   It was all wasted."

#13 Sep 28, 2021 10:38 pm

Real Distwalker
Active

Yes sir.

#14 Sep 28, 2021 10:55 pm

New Historian
Active

Thanks, lots of people agree 200%.

#15 Sep 28, 2021 11:08 pm

New Historian
Active

From a doctor lecturer at SGU:

Here are my persona observations: 1) We all did the worldwide lockdown and the following months when Grenada really didnt have covid 2) Government of Grenada and MOH like many nations like us ... JUST GOT LUCKY 3) More than 8 months of messages to the population and establishment of protocols provided little or no protection - did this outbreak start at a restaurant, bar, hair dresser etc 4) Did anything the government do in the last 8 months increase vaccination rates 5) Is anything right now significantly increase vaccination rates? 6) Will vaccination by the few now decrease mortality? 7) What is the bar that the government is using to decided to reduce lockdown restrictions? All these questions lead me to believe we have a lot of pain going forward with no guidance from the government on when it will end. Will Grenada be broken afterwards?

#16 Sep 29, 2021 11:10 am

Real Distwalker
Active

It is frustrating.  There was nothing we could do where I live.  In the middle of continent the waves of Covid crashed over us again and again.  Nothing stopped it.  Not lockdowns, not distancing, not mask mandates, nothing.  I had no sooner heard of the coronavirus for the first time and it was upon us.

Meanwhile, I looked with envy at Grenada.  As an island, it could be isolated.  Unlike those of us lacking isolation, it had months to prepare.   

What a waste.

Board footer