You are not logged in.

Announcement

Welcome to the one and only Spiceislander Talkshop. Please register and make your first post in the New Members Forum. Just mention 'Grenada' in your first post and you will be upgraded to full access.

#1 Oct 06, 2021 5:36 pm

Vanni
Active

We believed we had understood

(Now that the troublemakers are gone, you're having one of those bacchanals people! Remember, the sobering up will be less fun)

We thought we had grown up from history. Yet, we are starting it all over again, in total unconsciousness for the majority of humanity.

We thought we had understood how nazism, communism, totalitarianism, slavery, abuse of any kind, were working and "we'll never do it again"!

Unless I am badly mistaken, I think that the present times will soon be recognised as a crime against humanity. Supported by all those, unaware, that "this is different".

So if the present situation allows for a determining awakening in our humanity, this time it won't have been in vain.

Do you - everyone who is supporting this, and them - realise what is happening?

#2 Oct 06, 2021 8:36 pm

houston
Active

Re: We believed we had understood

The world awaits an awakening of the numb. The awakening of those that can not see beyond their own principles and are willing to die for those principles.
You will have to adjust Vanni, a vaxport will soon be needed at every corner store near you.

#3 Oct 06, 2021 10:54 pm

Real Distwalker
Active

On Friday I will release a new policy for my company requiring 100% of employees to be vaccinated or receive a waiver and waivers won't be easy.  That's just the way it is going to be.

#4 Oct 07, 2021 12:39 pm

Slice
Active

Wait am I reading this right? Did RD say he is going to make vaccine ready with his company.  Congrats RD.  That is the only way to get outa this pandemic.  It is also very interesting that FOX News have the same policy, despite ah few of the host  going nuts about vaccination.

#5 Oct 07, 2021 12:50 pm

Slice
Active

Vanni wrote:

(Now that the troublemakers are gone, you're having one of those bacchanals people! Remember, the sobering up will be less fun)

We thought we had grown up from history. Yet, we are starting it all over again, in total unconsciousness for the majority of humanity.

We thought we had understood how nazism, communism, totalitarianism, slavery, abuse of any kind, were working and "we'll never do it again"!

Unless I am badly mistaken, I think that the present times will soon be recognised as a crime against humanity. Supported by all those, unaware, that "this is different".

So if the present situation allows for a determining awakening in our humanity, this time it won't have been in vain.

Do you - everyone who is supporting this, and them - realise what is happening?

I agree with some of what you saying Vanni, I think this world is going through massive changes.  America will never be the same.  A few is trying to hold on their old ways, but this movement will be stopped.  White, black, Latino or Asian this younger generation is not playing, plus they have no time for nonsense.  It is either you join them or get to hell outa their way.  They will run over you if you stand in their way.

On another topic, excuse me but ah think with all the science, that is readily available and all the science is saying vaccines are safe. I know it can be proven, that vaccines are safe. To keep on denying the science about vaccines is very stupid and crazy.  I now think antivaxxers are missing ah few brain cells.

#6 Oct 07, 2021 2:05 pm

Real Distwalker
Active

Slice wrote:

Wait am I reading this right? Did RD say he is going to make vaccine ready with his company.  Congrats RD.  That is the only way to get outa this pandemic.  It is also very interesting that FOX News have the same policy, despite ah few of the host  going nuts about vaccination.

I have 51 employees.  They will all be vaccinated by November 19th or they will be no longer in my employ.

#7 Oct 07, 2021 3:09 pm

houston
Active

My employer has set a deadline of Oct/31st. to be fully vaccinated before entering any of their premises, otherwise be put on leave without pay.
Some employers, including hospitals will be terminating unvaxed employees. This is going to create big business for labour lawyers, but there are few excuses for not being vaccinated. Health reasons maybe one but I'm not aware of any other, including religion.

https://www.cbc.ca/news/business/covid- … -1.6202871

#8 Oct 07, 2021 3:29 pm

houston
Active

Believe it or not, there is a large population of people that are absolutely terrified of getting a needle.
Would being squeamish qualify as a reason for not getting the shot?

https://www.google.ca/amp/s/www.bbc.com … 086377.amp

#9 Oct 07, 2021 3:58 pm

houston
Active

I have read a few stories about the needle phobia. For some it takes several attempts and hours of special care to get that injection.
Would it not be easier and quicker to give the patient an oral sedative or a couple of shots of tequila before they get in the line?

#10 Oct 07, 2021 10:03 pm

Real Distwalker
Active

We will give a medical exemption with a legitimate doctor's diagnosis.

We will give a religious exemption if they legitimately reject ALL modern medicine, not just the vaccine.

Board footer