You are not logged in.

Announcement

Welcome to the one and only Spiceislander Talkshop. Please register and announce yourself in the New Members Forum. You will be upgraded to full use of the forum when it is established you are not a spammer.

#1 Oct 13, 2021 8:41 pm

houston
Active

Doug Glanville nails it

Speak up and lose your job or be tongue tied in order to save your career.
Talk about an awkward situation. Good for him for taking the bold step to write this article.

https://www.espn.com/mlb/story/_/id/323 … remark-air

#2 Oct 14, 2021 3:05 pm

Slice
Active

Re: Doug Glanville nails it

I see nothing here.  He wrote a bunch and ent say ah damn thing.  I think before accusing these guys of anything, he should check their records on race.  I kinda always talk freely.  I once called a white coworker a Hillbilly and White trash.  Lucky for me the coworker knew ah was playing.  That same night me and him, went out to the Stripper club.

Once you start looking under Big Stone for shite, ah say we in real trouble.  Know peoples heart before you jump to conclusion about what they say.  Words are wind, blows are unkind.  Not what you say, but what you do.

#3 Oct 14, 2021 3:27 pm

houston
Active

I agree Slice, but some of these bone heads on national television need to think a bit before making idiotic, unnecessary comments. They are professionals, absolutely no need for comments that many obviously do find offensive.

#4 Oct 14, 2021 4:39 pm

Dancer
Active

What you do ,,  is  catching up with the  ( do..s ) in the dark.  ( and what you say too )
   .... there is a penalty .    ....believe it or not. '

.......  Here is some of the same .

Las Vegas Raiders head coach resigns.   Ha.
Right Wing fumes over NFL Jon Gruden's resignation / firing ..... over his hateful e-mails.

100 million over 10 years for that character ,, please.
'pay the piper'

Last edited by Dancer (Oct 14, 2021 4:54 pm)

#5 Oct 14, 2021 8:32 pm

houston
Active

One thing I love about MLB is the diversity on the teams. It's a game of communication and they all can communicate that passion for the game on the field. Post game interviews with latin players may require an interpreter but they all understand that team mentality and respect for each other, regardless of ethnicity or language.
Hockey is improving in that respect but stories like this are cringe worthy.

https://www.google.ca/amp/s/www.tsn.ca/ … %3ftsn-amp

#6 Yesterday 3:25 pm

Slice
Active

Dancer wrote:

What you do ,,  is  catching up with the  ( do..s ) in the dark.  ( and what you say too )
   .... there is a penalty .    ....believe it or not. '

.......  Here is some of the same .

Las Vegas Raiders head coach resigns.   Ha.
Right Wing fumes over NFL Jon Gruden's resignation / firing ..... over his hateful e-mails.

100 million over 10 years for that character ,, please.
'pay the piper'

That ARSEHOLE called Gruden, is getting paid because of the hard work of Toney Dungee.  He won a super bowl, with the same team Tony team.  He should be thanking Tony Dungee.  I honestly never like Gruden.  I thought he was the worst coach in that NFL.  He got rich because of Tony.  He got what he deserves.

#7 Yesterday 3:36 pm

Slice
Active

houston wrote:

One thing I love about MLB is the diversity on the teams. It's a game of communication and they all can communicate that passion for the game on the field. Post game interviews with latin players may require an interpreter but they all understand that team mentality and respect for each other, regardless of ethnicity or language.
Hockey is improving in that respect but stories like this are cringe worthy.

https://www.google.ca/amp/s/www.tsn.ca/ … %3ftsn-amp

I honestly love the NFL.  The only game in America that can get me to sit and watch for hours. I think it's sad real sad, when folks start looking for racism.  Do not get me wrong racism is alive and well, but am sure Glanville can do better than that.

Leh me give you ah story, Yesterday, the second in command in the place where ah once worked decided to leave his job.  As soon as he made that decision, he called me up and said ah wanted to tell you first, even before ah tell me wife.  He was my boss, but lord what ah great white man. He use to tell me  where the best Caribbean restaurant in the DC area is located.

When all other Black managers screwed the shite outa me, he gave me oppurnity, and for that ah would always love him.  On November 5th, we going on hang out for awhile.

Board footer