You are not logged in.

Announcement

Welcome to the one and only Spiceislander Talkshop. Please register and make your first post in the New Members Forum. Just mention 'Grenada' in your first post and you will be upgraded to full access.

#1 Oct 22, 2021 11:05 am

New Historian
Active

Living in America - for 2 weeks

And that's enough lol! Fort Lauderdale and Philly visiting family and the inevitable shopping. My sis-in-law lives in FL and as usual the whole house is air conditioned to the max, and at night the place is freezing. Then because of the mould down here the house is dehumidified, so every night I wake up 4-5 times to drink water, lawdd. As usual there's the shopping, which for me is less preferable to having a root canal! First mall foray yesterday, all I got were books. Clothes? The less I have, the better!

Traveling in the time of covid is a fekkin nightmare, my bro-in-law is flying back to Jamaica tomorrow so needs a test today. It's advertised as "easy, near and free" - of course it's none of the above. He's got to schlep down to Miami and pay $200!

Oy vey.

#2 Oct 22, 2021 4:02 pm

houston
Active

Re: Living in America - for 2 weeks

You are bold to be travelling. Not so much that the restrictions have been going on for near 20 months now, more the fekking hassle of having to get from point A to B.
Thought you might have gone on a cruise ship vacation if you needed to get away.

#3 Oct 23, 2021 8:22 am

New Historian
Active

One thing I can bet my little finger on: you will never, ever, see my backside on a cruise ship lol!! Didn't have much choice on this trip and yes, it's a process full of hassles and expenses. Flying up to Philly today to see son, daughter and daughter-in-law so the hassle is worth it. And other daughter and grand daughter flying up from JA next weekend so is all good.

#4 Oct 23, 2021 10:00 am

Slice
Active

You will be ah hour and ah half from me.  Stop by so you can drink ah Carib or Stag. Ah also got some Woodsman and The Court Batch #37.

Board footer