You are not logged in.

Announcement

Welcome to the one and only Spiceislander Talkshop. Please register and make your first post in the New Members Forum. Just mention 'Grenada' in your first post and you will be upgraded to full access.

#1 Oct 26, 2021 9:36 am

Slice
Active

ANYONE FOLLWING THE FACEBOOK SITUATION

Well let me admit, I do visit FB sometimes.  Now I know why RD, refuse to be on FB.  Lord God, Zuckerburg is in all kinda trouble.  They say, well not they say, papers have proven, that he puts profit over safety.

They also say, he assisted the January 6th attackers.  Doh tink ah want to be part of the madness any longer.  They expect severe punishment in Europe first, then maybe India and later the USA.

Last edited by Slice (Oct 26, 2021 9:38 am)

#2 Oct 26, 2021 9:12 pm

houston
Active

Re: ANYONE FOLLWING THE FACEBOOK SITUATION

Have never joined but I do take the occasional peek to see what the world is up to.
I always regret doing so, as the FB ads will suddenly start bombarding my inbox for a month or so. Even as a non member they are relentless with harassment. Scroll down to the fine print to unsubsribe from any FB mail but the shyte from them will continue.
That is one creepy outfit that monitors and tracks everyone, non members included.
Amazon is the same. Purchase one item and they are tracking your habits for life.

#3 Oct 26, 2021 9:23 pm

houston
Active

Strange that a lot of people are concerned about personal information and privacy regarding vaxports.
The government, banks, social media sites already know more about you and I than we know about ourselves.

#4 Oct 28, 2021 4:21 pm

houston
Active

Slice, if you are skeptical of Facebook, you might want to consider metaverse.
New brand name, not so improved agenda by the looks of it.

https://financialpost.com/technology/fa … pers-event

#5 Oct 28, 2021 6:23 pm

New Historian
Active

"as the FB ads will suddenly start bombarding my inbox for a month or so"

Dunno what you mean, I get ads on my FB page, but not my inbox.

#6 Oct 28, 2021 8:34 pm

houston
Active

Unsolicited emails with suggestions of groups interested in certain topics that may appeal to me.
Some look interesting but most are way off base. I give them credit for dangling that lure but no way am I about to surrender my personal life in order to join in.

#7 Oct 29, 2021 8:11 am

Slice
Active

houston wrote:

Slice, if you are skeptical of Facebook, you might want to consider metaverse.
New brand name, not so improved agenda by the looks of it.

https://financialpost.com/technology/fa … pers-event

Will take a look.

#8 Oct 29, 2021 8:15 am

Slice
Active

houston wrote:

Have never joined but I do take the occasional peek to see what the world is up to.
I always regret doing so, as the FB ads will suddenly start bombarding my inbox for a month or so. Even as a non member they are relentless with harassment. Scroll down to the fine print to unsubsribe from any FB mail but the shyte from them will continue.
That is one creepy outfit that monitors and tracks everyone, non members included.
Amazon is the same. Purchase one item and they are tracking your habits for life.

This go sound very ignorant, but you know ah just realize that Amazon is not cheaper than most places. Almost everything ah buy on Amazon is the same price other places.

#9 Oct 29, 2021 6:13 pm

houston
Active

Amazon is horrible with delivery promises, I don't know how or why it became so popular.
Good luck trying to return an item, it will cost more than the item, not to mention the hassle.
You will be on the hook for your own shipping cost and that of the third party that sent it...it's in the fine print.
Better off browsing items on Amazon, then ordering directly from the manufacturer rather than deal with that next day delivery, dishonest outfit.

Board footer