You are not logged in.

Announcement

Welcome to the one and only Spiceislander Talkshop. Please register and make your first post in the New Members Forum. Just mention 'Grenada' in your first post and you will be upgraded to full access.

#11 Nov 04, 2021 4:02 pm

Real Distwalker
Active

Re: Why Jesus was an activist.

New Historian wrote:

If you tell me you believe in the MESSAGE of the Bible, fine, but the words? As we say in South Africa: assablif! Oh puhleeze!

Just about every time Christ spoke he spoke in metaphor and allegory. I have no reason to believe that most of scripture isn't metaphor and allegory.

The words move me and they are true, whether they are literally true or not.

#12 Nov 05, 2021 9:23 am

Slice
Active

There is nothing in the Bible I believe.  Anytime ah start believing in the Bible, that is when ah start believing that Anancy stories are truths. Ah keep saying, you cant believe in the Bible and also evolution, but you RD insist on having it both ways.

This is kinda strange, maybe one person in all of Grenada, know I am atheist. I come from a very strong Catholic background, if my family and friends know, I am an atheist, they will never ever talk to me again.  Here is another funny thing, I attend church every Sunday, when I am in Grenada.  Not only do I attend church, but I also make financial contribution to the church.  Why you may ask?  That church has a nice record of feeding the poor and hungry in that area.

#13 Nov 05, 2021 9:46 am

Real Distwalker
Active

Slice wrote:

Ah keep saying, you cant believe in the Bible and also evolution, but you RD insist on having it both ways.

Can you believe there is truth, wisdom and historicity in Orwell's 'Animal Farm' and simultaneously believe that animals can neither talk nor run a farm? Of course you can.

There is zero conflict between faith and science.

Board footer