You are not logged in.

Announcement

Welcome to the one and only Spiceislander Talkshop. Please register and make your first post in the New Members Forum. Just mention 'Grenada' in your first post and you will be upgraded to full access.

#1 Nov 13, 2021 10:45 pm

houston
Active

Venison

Funny, I had gone vegan for the past 2 months but suddenly had a real craving for meat.
Put a deer roast in the oven and read this story while it was cooking.

https://www.google.ca/amp/s/nationalpos … 2fac6/amp/

#2 Nov 15, 2021 9:38 am

Slice
Active

Re: Venison

The file did not open for me.  not sure if ah responding to the right issue.  So, my son and wife has gone Vegan on me.  Now there are all these meat replacements.  They say it's safer than eating meat, but when ah check out the process, from raw vegetables to some kinda fake meat, it doh make no sense.  Ah mean some of these fake meats, have more chemical in them than any kind of meat.

Like I will never own an Electric vehicle, I will never go vegan.  Everything in moderation.  I have one life to live and DAMN! ah go have fun with it.

#3 Nov 15, 2021 12:25 pm

Dancer
Active

houston  your post did not open . OK.     

I did see , hear ,  a report of  deer being infected with Covid.

It was in IOWA ,  call out RD don't be beating around the bush.

#4 Nov 15, 2021 8:53 pm

houston
Active

Okay, I'll try again. Found it to be an interesting story, yet alarming.
BTW, I'm having no problem opening the link.

https://www.google.ca/amp/s/nationalpos … 2fac6/amp/

#5 Nov 15, 2021 9:16 pm

houston
Active

Slice wrote:

The file did not open for me.  not sure if ah responding to the right issue.  So, my son and wife has gone Vegan on me.  Now there are all these meat replacements.  They say it's safer than eating meat, but when ah check out the process, from raw vegetables to some kinda fake meat, it doh make no sense.  Ah mean some of these fake meats, have more chemical in them than any kind of meat.

Like I will never own an Electric vehicle, I will never go vegan.  Everything in moderation.  I have one life to live and DAMN! ah go have fun with it.

I agree with you on the meatless products. Who knows what type of ingredients are really in that stuff.
The reason I went to about a 75% vegan diet was due to a high cholesterol reading that scared me. I always thought I ate healthy but obviously not healthy enough. No way was I getting on those statins that the doctor recommended. Once you start them your on them for the rest of your life, it's dangerous even to ween off of them.
The diet I've working on is similar to a Mediterranean diet. Mainly fish as a protein, some poultry and once a month I cheat and have a good quality steak.
All those lentils can start to taste pretty bland after a while.

#6 Nov 15, 2021 9:30 pm

houston
Active

Oh, I love my 3.25% MF, homogenized milk but had to stop that.
Took the plunge and started drinking that soy liquid they call milk. Also tried the oat and almond stuff. Absolutely no comparison to the real thing but it helps to mix it up in a smoothie.
I dug out one of those Nutri-Bullet devices that I had bought years ago and never used. Glad I did, I'm really impressed with how easy it is to use.

#7 Nov 15, 2021 10:15 pm

houston
Active

Slice, I'm straying off topic as usual but this is an interesting opinion on EV's or coal cars as they call them.

https://www.google.ca/amp/s/financialpo … f131d/amp/

#8 Nov 16, 2021 10:52 am

Slice
Active

Still not opening.  You know there is lactide. I am allergic to the lactose in Dairy milk.  But leh me say this earlier ah use to missed some foods with lactose in them, but no more. That Anchore cheese made in New Zealand is wonderful.  Cant find it up here doh.  All my 10- 8ozs pieces I brought up from Grenada is gone.  Waiting on the condense milk that is also Lactose free.

There is an Ice cream called Frutero, 100% whole milk, I cant resist that Ice Cream, especially Guava and Soursoup.  I take my Lactaid tablets and enjoy it.  It is the best Ice cream I have tasted so far.

#9 Nov 16, 2021 10:59 pm

New Historian
Active

The other day in Philly we went to eat at a particular restaurant but when we got there it was loud awful kareoke going on, so we went to somewhere else which turned out to be vegan. And you know what? It wasn't half bad! It's funny that vegans do their darndest to make their food taste like - meat!!

Board footer