You are not logged in.

Announcement

Welcome to the one and only Spiceislander Talkshop. Please register and make your first post in the New Members Forum. Just mention 'Grenada' in your first post and you will be upgraded to full access.

#1 Nov 21, 2021 6:35 pm

Dancer
Active

Grenadian-Canadian Community is much the poorer for ....

the loss of Dudley Hood .
That was  in last week's  'Caribbean Camera'  a weekly  paper up north .

Lincoln DePradine  the writer.

Someone might know Hood eh ?
........  George Griffith a former Grenada High Commissioner to Canada, is one of the three former diplomats lauding Grenadian/Canadian Dudley Hood who died last weekend in Toronto .
.. " Dudley was well liked. He was welcomed in all circles . " Griffith told the Caribbean Camera.
"" He was a true Grenadian and community person  said former Consul general Derrick James.
Hood became a popular figure for his community and church engagement, as well as his passion for culture especially pan and carnival .
Parties  and ting at his lakeshore  home .
Jenny Gumbs who once served as Grenada's Consul General in To , said she held Hood in " High esteem'  ".

.............................. Chech facebook for more . Lo.

There was a little snap shot of Ms Jenny Gumbs . Another one of Dudley Hood at   his 80 B'Day party.
Jenny was given a hard time by ' Corpol  Nott '  I remember . lo.
I remember seeing a photo of the consul General J Gumbs at that time also .
" Not bad " . Lol.

#2 Nov 23, 2021 7:41 am

Slice
Active

Re: Grenadian-Canadian Community is much the poorer for ....

Times change, so do man. Depradine is or was very effective in Grenada.  There was once a poster on here with the handle Dcbaldie.  His last name is hood and also the son of who you mention.  As ah matter of fact, NH and I went to a Cricket game with him, on my last visit to the spice.  We spoke yesterday on his way to Brooklyn.

Board footer