You are not logged in.

Announcement

Welcome to the one and only Spiceislander Talkshop. Please register and make your first post in the New Members Forum. Just mention 'Grenada' in your first post and you will be upgraded to full access.

#1 Nov 29, 2021 11:30 am

Slice
Active

NH YOU HAVE ME THINKING

Ah wonder if the new building is not the same owners of Flamboyant.  If the gossip in Grenada is correct, he was not the owner of Flamboyant.  Lord he wife, have some beautiful sisters.  One was married to Teddy Victor.

#2 Nov 29, 2021 1:39 pm

New Historian
Active

Re: NH YOU HAVE ME THINKING

I think Lawrence owned it at one time, but banks or someone else became the de facto owners. But he remained the guiding force until his death. Poor soul must be turning in his grave to see how it's been totally frigged up, by shady developers fighting with a shady government!

#3 Nov 30, 2021 11:48 am

Slice
Active

Yea he from my area and possible yours also. Lord ah spend tons of time with him in Laura land.  Was never his friend, but ah friend of me cousin.

#4 Nov 30, 2021 12:06 pm

New Historian
Active

He was a great guy, used to bring his crabs down to La Source and do crab races for the tourists - they loved it! At the Flamboyant they had a bar, The Owl, that opened 24/7, 365 days a week, great hang out spot. All gone now, replaced by a rotting monstrosity at the end of our best beach. Thanks Keet, not.

Board footer