You are not logged in.

Announcement

Welcome to the one and only Spiceislander Talkshop. Please register and make your first post in the New Members Forum. Just mention 'Grenada' in your first post and you will be upgraded to full access.

#1 Jan 01, 2022 9:45 am

Slice
Active

WELL AH SLEEP PAST THE START OF 2022.

By the time wifee woke me up, to eat me black eye peas and ah drink of bubblee and also to open the doors and windows for the new air of 2022, it was 12 30am.

Ah wonder what I missed.

Anyway, happy new year to all Talkshoppers.

Here is one of my wishes for 2022, ah hope folks around the world ban together to get rid of this nasty, dirty disease called Covid 19.  Do whatsoever is necessary to get some sense of normal.

Ohho, ah need to spend some kinda monies today. Just keeping up with me Grenadian traditions.

#2 Jan 01, 2022 11:56 am

gripe
Active

Re: WELL AH SLEEP PAST THE START OF 2022.

First,  the very best to everyone here for this New Year,  2022!

Second,  to you Slice,  I see that you are still as loyal as ever to this forum and that you are holding on to the home tradition about spending money on a day like today. Finally,  I join you in the hope for a quick end to the C-19 nightmare worldwide.

#3 Jan 01, 2022 1:01 pm

Real Distwalker
Active

new-years-wishes-happy-and-healthy.jpg?fit=680,680

#4 Jan 01, 2022 5:25 pm

New Historian
Active

Just took this. A symbol of hope for a brighter tomorrow and a way out of the darkness. All the best to our small but close family!

1-1-22.jpg

#5 Jan 01, 2022 6:09 pm

houston
Active

Stunningly beautiful.
Better times are on the horizon..

#6 Jan 02, 2022 8:42 pm

houston
Active

Did I dare say better times were on the horizon?
Well, I have to retract that economically speaking. Are we being conned be the financial experts of the world?
Fuel in Ontario is expected to reach $1.65/litre in 2022. The cost of housing has increased by about 500%. Groceries are a joke when you look at the receipt and wonder about the high cost. 4 small russets for nearly $5, that's more than a buck for one potato. A crown of broccoli for over $5. That is nuts, it seems like some advantage has been taken over the past 2 years. Many suffer while just as many prosper.
My income raises by 2% per year at most, based on the rate of inflation so my any salary has increased by a few thousand over the past 25 years.
Really? And housing increases by 500%.
There is some big time fooling going on in financial world.

#7 Jan 02, 2022 9:05 pm

houston
Active

Totally hoodwinked. Never in the past have leaders of democratic nations been so incompetent and untrustworthy. I don’t think there is a single one that I would put my trust in. Get in, get paid and get out is all that matters.
On a brighter note, just thinking. Give me a few minutes.

#8 Jan 03, 2022 8:09 am

Slice
Active

It is now my belief, that Canada is ah little Russia. I think the government of Canada is giving to many handouts to it's citizens, with making them earn it.

Now thing are very expensive here in the US, but we are making it.  A gallon of gas high grade at Costco, is $3.19.  At regular pumps is $4.19.

I just believe that folks should work hard to make ah money. I do not believe in Handouts.  I think all government should give folks tools to prosper, but no handouts.

#9 Jan 03, 2022 12:20 pm

Real Distwalker
Active

houston wrote:

Fuel in Ontario is expected to reach $1.65/litre in 2022.

Damn.  That would be $4.89 a gallon in the US!  I just paid $2.89 per gallon.

$2.89 would be $0.95 per liter in Canada.

#10 Jan 03, 2022 8:05 pm

houston
Active

Math has never been my strong subject but I'm beginning to wonder about these economics wizards.
Gas here was $0,85/litre not long ago.
On Sunday the minimum wage for restaurant and bar staff increased from $12.35/hr to $15/hr. Just what a small business owner needed during these difficult times. That means an increase in prices and fewer customers when a breakfast for 4 costs about $85's, $3 cup of coffee all in.
I'm glad I learned how to toast bread and boil an egg at an early age

Board footer